AI Logistics: Helicopter insertion

1. 7 years ago

So, i'm trying to figure out if it's a bug, issue or that i'm doing something wrong.

For my BLU_F side i've set the logistics so that it disabled the helicopter insertion/reïnforcements. Logically, you would expect the OPCOM not to drop in support/reïnforcements w/ heli's, yet they do. At times even with a group of 5, 6, which would cause them to freeze up, hang in the air and wait for a free area to drop if the area's too crowded.

Any idea's on how to fix this? I've already read something about possibly blacklisting them in staticdata?

Thanks!

2. The "helicopter" option in the logistics module is just for replacing spawned helicopters at mission start. Currently there is no way to disable helicopter insertions. You can switch between side and faction in the module to disable helicopter insertions for factions that don't have helicopters.

Things seem a bit unintuitive but it's, probably, on someone's todo list. :)

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Until BIS fixes helicopter piloting group AI, I'd prefer to see logistics touchdown insertions removed completly TBH. Air drops get the point across and they don't explode due to colliding with one another almost 100% of the time when the player is in the area for the massacre.

4. So is there any way to just completely - or temporarily - block them from spawning at all?

5. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

@HeroesandvillainsOS not sure if BIS is at fault here. I've been able to transport AI with helicopters just fine using custom scripts in some mission I was working on a while ago. Some systems in ALiVE just need a touch of love. :)

@JayS_NL the only option I can think of is to create static data for BLU_F and remove the helicopters. Check http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Declaring_Faction_Mappings and https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/addons/main/static/CustomFactions.hpp and leave the ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport empty. You'll have to set the logistics module transport type to faction only. And you're on your own with that. ^^

6. Tupolov

1 Nov 2016 Administrator

We are cleaning up logistics and helos in the next release...

or Sign Up to reply!