Has anyone had success adding custom roadblocks, installations, etc. to factions?

1. 7 years ago

I know that all of the CUP and APEX compilations were added, but I'm still unclear on how we can determine which are spawned by various factions. (i.e. not having default CSAT compositions with CSAT flags spawning in Takistan with Insurgents).

2. Tupolov

3 Nov 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

There's logic that basically looks for a composition for your faction, if it can't find anything then it reverts to the side.

There's also logic that defines compositions by environment - desert, woodland, urban and pacific (jungle).

You can add custom roadblocks so that it uses yours rather than ZECs.

3. TUP, does that logic include looking for the "big" unit mods...RHS, CUP, Massi, etc.?

4. Tupolov

3 Nov 2016 Administrator

Well we are using ZEC compositions, which can be used by most factions without issue. Some compositions include a flag or car from a faction side - but are specifically linked to a faction. Sometimes you may get these appear.

We can do more work to tweak this. What issue are you seeing?

5. I noticed that default CSAT, NATO, and AAF flags spawned no matter the faction I was using. Also...I wanted to ONLY use the ZECCUP compositions, and not the 2035 Altis and Tanoa compositions. Is there a way to have only ZECCUP compositions spawn in an ALiVE campaign?

6. Tupolov

4 Nov 2016 Administrator

Which map you using?

7. I tested it on Sahrani (CUP version), Al Rayak, and Stratis.

8. Tupolov

4 Nov 2016 Administrator

Ok so we need to add environment tags to those islands in the static data...

Example:
    https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/addons/main/static/tanoa_staticData.sqf#L25

Values are Desert, Woodland, Pacific, Urban

Desert = A2 desert assets (CUP)
    Woodland = A2 woodland assets (CUP)
    Pacific = APEX assets
    Urban = Arma 3 assets

Feel free to submit PR for all the maps ;)

9. Tup...one small suggestion...

How about creating a "CUP" tag in conjunction with the enviornment.

All of the CUP maps, Sahrani, Takistan, etc. fall in line with the CUP assets.

Is there a way to keep the vanilla 2035 compositions to Altis/Stratis and have CUP compositions only spawn on all of the CUP maps and third party maps? (Kunduz, N'Ziwasogo, Isla Duala, etc.)

10. Tupolov

4 Nov 2016 Administrator

CUP has both desert and woodland compositions. It would look weird to have a desert composition in a woodland setting such as Chernarus.

So basically its Desert/Woodland for all CUP maps. Feel free to add Desert/Woodland to the CUP map static data files.

Pacific for Tanoa

Urban for everything else.

11. Gotcha. Thank you sir.

12. Hey tiger! have you been able to get custom roadblocks/facilities/camps working?

or Sign Up to reply!