EOS Grid Highlighting Requirement

1. 7 years ago

Thanks for thanking the time to read. I am on the mission team for my unit, and am working on getting us moved from EOS Insurgency to ALiVE Asymmetric. Frankly I feel ALiVE is obviously much better in every way, but my "leadership" here in 15th has set a requirement that the red grid enemy green grid clear system stays put. I tried TRACE but they aren't happy with the results.

Has anyone previously created a way to use just an EOS style grid system on top of ALiVE? If I can get past this last major hurdle and a few smaller ones, we should be able to adopt. Any assistance appreciated, as always.

-doc

2. What exactly don't they like about the TRACE squares? Keep in mind there's various options for how they'd appear in game (I like "vertical!").

3. Edited 7 years ago by Docbuck

Mostly it's that they don't go "clear" when the enemies are cleared out of that grid, nor do they change color to indicate activation when you get close, etc. with EOS, if a grid is deep red, there is definitely an enemy there, or if there is not the grid will turn green as soon as blufor enters. Keep in mind... with EOS each red grid is a hand place marker that the script takes over and changes based on criteria. I don't like this, none of it... but they want a server where players can go fight the enemy casually without a ton of group prep or pre planning. Part of that means knowing where to go.

4. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ah ok. Highly doubtful the ALiVE dev team would dumb it down like that. I don't like the idea of it at all.

ALiVE has an advanced Intel section in the C2ISTAR module that you can set to reveal in varying degrees of your liking on the map itself. If you want enemy Intel always revealed, you can set it that way. Also, Insurgent HQ installations when they get revealed or discovered will almost always have enemies in the neighborhood too. This makes discovering Intel on dead bodies and from talking to civs pretty fun and necessary to succeed too.

TRACE is designed to be more or less what's possible, not what's certain. Once the grid is cleared it will turn green but note it currently will not persist when closing and then loading the server. I have a feature request open for that though. If you do use TRACE, you'd be better off either keeping the server running or making it a point to complete the mission in one sitting for now.

5. I nwlieve it tuens green when "recently" patrolled right? So I assume it turns red again given time.

6. Correct. Though I don't know the prerequisites for it changing back, whether that be a timer or actual enemy presence.

@SpyderBlack723 ?

7. @highhead baton

8. Friznit

15 Nov 2016 Administrator

Just use the regular map intel overlay (C2ISTAR module). That'll Red = Enemy; Blue = your enemy's enemy.

or Sign Up to reply!