Player Combat Support and TFAR radios

1. 7 years ago

Hi, I tried using the black version of "tf_rt1523g" as the required item for calling in transport / CAS but I can't seem to get it to work. The radio "tf_rt1523g_black" is equipped and I have tried both "tf_rt1523g_black" and "tf_rt1523g" on the "Call in combat support with"-line in the module but it still won't work. Is that one not compatible?

2. i think its TFAR_rt1523g

https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/wiki/API%3A-Classes

3. I gave it a go but unfortunately it did not work either, when i look in game by script it seems like the class names start with "tf_" only.

I checked my old map where I got it working earlier and there it was still fine using "tf_rt1523g", but it wont work on my new map even when I try with the same radio, and have it equipped. So the error is probably not the radio but something else =/

4. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Everything should be compatible as long as it's in your inventory, even a magazine for some rifle would probably work.

5. I've used the LRR from 3CB and I'm pretty sure we've also used the TFAR LRR's for it as well, so it does work.

6. I tried with the alive_tablet now and it worked fine, so everything is set up correctly. But as soon as I try with tf_rt1523g_black instead the option can't be found under the alive menu.

I exported the player loadout to make sure it was the correct classname so I'm stumped as to why it won't work. Could anyone else with TFAR give it a go and see if you get the same experience?

I'd upload my mission but it requires quite a few mods (RHS & CUP terrain are the big ones) but tell me if you want to give it a go and I can PM it to you.

7. I pretty much always use the TFAR backpack radios for the combat support module and never really had any issues with the them, but after testing it out, it does seem that your specific one does not work, while most of the others I have used throughout the times does. Strange if it worked previously though.

8. I haven't used the black version before actually, maybe i was unclear. :) but i am also unable to use the standard one in this mission, but that one works fine in one of the old ones.

Are you still able to get tf_rt1523g to work in a new mission for example? But not tf_rt1523g_black?

9. I have used used pretty much all radios apart from that one, with the exception of testing the black version, But I'll have a look when the opportunity arises.

or Sign Up to reply!