Talking to muezzins/elders

1. 7 years ago

Has anybody had a muezzin/elder actually give you any information? Every time I talk to them, it says something along the lines of "it seems like he doesn't understand a word you're saying." Do I need to bring a translator with me (i.e. a Takistani army regular to speak with Takistani civilians)? Or am I just finding all the bad eggs?

2. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yes, they can reduce hostility.

3. Yes, I should bring a translator with me? Or yes, talking to them actually does something? (Or both)

4. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

The wiki seems to imply it does, by treating the elders with "due deference" and the "right incentives." Whatever that stuff means (I'd love clarification of this).

But yeah it's hard to gauge what impact you have because I don't believe there's any easy way to debug hostility.

Sorry for the dumb question but are any of the devs that created and implemented insurgency still active on the ALiVE team? Did Tupolov write it? Or maybe you Spyder?

Oh! Sort of OT but has anyone tried Phronk's Takistan Insurgency? He originally conceived it as an ALiVE mission but ended up implementing his own and other's scripts and functions and it's awesome. I especially LOVE the way when you talk to civs, you get an on-screen action to interrogate them for Intel and both soldier and civ have these super cool ambient animations.

I'd love to see ALiVE implement something like that. It's hard to get the civs to stop running around! :) I'd love a feature to get them to stop (similar to Spyder Addons could work as well).

5. Hmmm, I'll keep playing around with it. As for the insurgency mission, I usually try to steer clear of those type of missions because they feel too "arcade-ish" to me, if you catch my drift. I just checked out Phronk's mission and it seems promising! I'll give it a shot later. I might even add my own little spin to it!

6. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

No translator needed, just keep trying.

Highhead wrote the insurgency framework. He is on the team but inactive.

7. Be cool if you could slip the elders a few bills and have that reduce tensions.

8. Edited 7 years ago by dev614

The translator thing actually sounded pretty cool, honestly. xD

It'd be cool if there could be some type of task generated from a town elder when speaking to them, if you are "trusted" enough in that sector. Maybe he knows the location of a few installations in a nearby town that has been using and abusing the locals, and he tasks you to assist by taking out the installations. Or maybe one of the town's people have been taken hostage by the nearby guerillas and you are asked to help bring them back. Completing tasks could improve relations in the sector the town elder was from, or even the sector the task was in (since the task-assigning town elder must be somewhat friendly, might help spread the love.) Seems like it could be easily implemented with the current tasks ALiVE has, just add a little back story and voila, you begin swaying hearts and minds across the board. Then again, what do I know it could be a complete pain in the ass xD just a suggestion.

or Sign Up to reply!