Persistence with 1.2.3 ceased to work on rented dedi server

1. 7 years ago

Hi Devs and helpful fellas all around the forum,

I have encountered a weird problem with mission persistence. Everything works fine when I host e.g. the ALiVE Quickstart mission or even any of my own heavily modded missions on a Dedi created with my home PC as server.

But when I try to set up a game with my rented Dedi, the logs claim that (depending which log you look at; find them at bottom of the post):

1) 14:39:43 ALIVE_SYS_DATA START PLUGIN: ["StartALiVE","ERROR","You are not authorized to access ALiVE War Room with this account. Check IP and Groupname."]

2) 14:39:48 Warning: This version of ALiVE is build for A3 version: 166.139494. The server is running version: 166.139586. Please contact your server administrator and update to the latest ALiVE release version.

It's true that the most current ARMA 3 stable build is at version 166.139586. I have this version received via steam and run it client-side. Same version is used at my rented server ofc. But using my PC as Dedi, I can connect to WarRoom and have persistence working nontheless!

So I'm not sure what to make of this errors about .exe versions mismatch, because it does not explain why I can't get WarRoom connection with the rented dedi whereas that worked finally and fully with ALiVE 1.2.2.

Here come the logs from the failed run of ALiVE Quickstart; please check them for other hints that might help find the cause of my failing WarRoom connection with the rented dedi:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/09g1aqf1thn25bp/tourist_persistence_problems_rented_dedi_ALIVE_v_1.2.3.7z?dl=0

Kind regards,

tourist

2. @tourist 1) 14:39:43 ALIVE_SYS_DATA START PLUGIN: ["StartALiVE","ERROR","You are not authorized to access ALiVE War Room with this account. Check IP and Groupname."]

It's most likely that, update the IP set in your group config on the war room. :)

3. Unfortunately, it's not going to be that easy this time. The IP of the rented server has NOT changed. It worked with this, according to hosting company, never changing external IP and ALiVE 1.2.2.

I had the correct IP set in the group config. But I will try and set up an entirely new server, name and all, just to be sure.

4. No luck; I tried it right after the above posting - and it did not work with a newly created entry in the group config and a newly created profile on my rented server's managing page.

I even, forgot to mention it, had deleted @ALiVE and @AliveServer folders from server and re-uploaded the EXACT working folders from my PC. Ya know, those very folders that make WarRoom access possible when joining a dedi opened on my PC.

I'm at my wits end - again...

:-( :-( :-(

5. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

@Tupolov it's time to scan server logs again.. :D

6. Tupolov

3 Jan 2017 Administrator

46.228.195.171 is the IP I see for your server on Jan 2nd 2017

7. @Tupolov: First off, thank you for looking into the matter.

I tried that IP 46.228.195.171, but it doesn't belong to my gamserver; instead, it's the IP of an A3 Life Server named "KeksArmy Arma 3 Server Neu!!!"

Where in my logs was this IP? This smells of technical issues with the gameserver company if this IP was maybe given out twice on that January 2nd 2017...

But, alas, I still don't know exactly what to make of the fact that I could yesterday and can today join the gameserver with the "old" IP 46.228.198.108.

On the other hand, I'm very confident that eventually you WILL find the cause of those problems - I think I told you already last time you managed to help me, but I'll gladly repeat it that this mod has a constructive and helpful dev and user community that offers support on par with if not better than that of professional game publishers!

8. Tupolov

4 Jan 2017 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

Our webservice tracks IP's that try to authenticate against War Room. For whatever reason a server using your group tag tried to authenticate.

We see this lots where game server companies share IP for certain outbound traffic.

46.228.195.171 - - [02/Jan/2017:09:40:17 -0500] "GET /api/authorise?&group=BWFS HTTP/1.1" 200 546 "-" "-"

84.59.75.92 - - [02/Jan/2017:10:35:21 -0500] "GET /api/authorise?&group=BWFS HTTP/1.1" 200 545 "-" "-"

46.228.195.171 - - [02/Jan/2017:15:58:46 -0500] "GET /api/authorise?&group=BWFS HTTP/1.1" 200 546 "-" "-"
  9. @Tupolov: thx for looking into it in more detail.

One of the IP's, the 84.59.75.92, is a dynamic IP used that day by my home PC. With this, I get access to WarRoom.

The other one is then the "outbound traffic shared IP" of my rented server's company. Do you have any info from other ALiVE users with similar issues on how that problem can be solved client-side? I will of course relay the contents of our thread here to the server company via their customer support system so they can tell us if there's anything they can do.

If they say no, well, not sure what we can do, then...

10. Tupolov

5 Jan 2017 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

There is no problem using this IP (46.228.195.171) with ALiVE. Just add the IP to your War Room server profile. It doesn't matter if others are using the same IP, it has no impact on your data or others.

11. On the one hand: good to hear that your code is so robust!

On the other hand: if I join this server via typing 46.228.195.171 in my client's Direct Connect window, I always reach that "other" server (where they play Altis Life or whatever) as a joining player.

12. Good news, at least for the time being ;-)

I changed the server IP in my WarRoom group settings to that 46.228.195.171, but when launching the A3 client to join, I still typed in 46.228.198.108 as the server adress into the Direct Connect window.

In this combination, I could join, get connection to WarRoom, found my test sitreps from the save I had made while using my home PC as server and finally made a nice & quick server save and exit which worked fine.

Who is awesome? YOU are awesome, Tupolov and all the other ALiVE Devs!

Man, you really had some help to offer everytime I had problems to solve with ALiVE!

13. Tupolov

5 Jan 2017 Administrator

Glad we could help. Its pretty common that game servers present different IP's for the different services/traffic from servers. Its fully expected that the War Room IP maybe different to your actual game host IP when dealing with game server companies.

We'll think about a way of making this issue more easily identifiable!

or Sign Up to reply!