New error with 1.68 and Project OPFOR

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So I'm testing out ALiVE stable and RC with the platform 1.68 update, and there appears to be a new ALiVE script error. This error is not present with Project OPFOR in 1.66, with either ALiVE stable or RC.

The rpt: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mibvxcf1qe4l5k2/PO_ALiVE_error_Arma3_x64_2017-03-16_23-44-23.rpt?dl=0

The error: -image-

I'll pass this along to Keeway too to see if he know what's going on with this.

2. This is caused by LOP I believe, he's checking if ALIVE modules are placed without checking if ALIVE is actually running.

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'm not quite understanding you. Are you saying Project OPFOR is running a script to check for ALiVE? This error wasn't present yesterday with 1.66 in either ALiVE stable or RC and Project OPFOR hasn't updated.

Perhaps BI changed the script command? Would you happen to know the fix or new accepted syntax so I can pass it along to Keeway?

4. Send the screenshot and rpt to Keeway, he'll know how to fix it.

5. Thanks. I just did. Gotta love platform updates!

Though I will say, my performance is absolutely amazing. I just messed around in a Takistan mission and it's buttery smooth. It used to chug a little when spawning enemies and new areas of the map but now it's really very pleasant. I'm impressed.

6. Fly across altis with 5k VD going upwards of 700km/h

7. @SpyderBlack723 Fly across altis with 5k VD going upwards of 700km/h

Is this a trap? I think it's a trap. :( Will I CTD or wish I had?

I didn't even think to increase my VD yesterday either. I think I play at 2000-ish? I can definitely boost that now I think. Not that I let enemies spawn that far from me, but because I can and it feels liberating. :)

8. highhead

17 Mar 2017 Administrator

let me rephrase my comment in slack:

w
    t
    f

is po_factions_me

19:25:02 Error in expression <re")) then {
    if (["ALiVE_require"] call ALiVE_fnc_isModuleAvailable) then {
    wai>
    19:25:02 Error position: <ALiVE_fnc_isModuleAvailable) then {
    wai>
    19:25:02 Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_fnc_ismoduleavailable
    19:25:02 File po_factions_me\staticData.sqf, line 3

as soon as I install mods i get issues
    ah its project opfor
    ------------------

i'd like to see what po_factions_me is doing but getting a derap error on extractpboing

but its pretty obvious.... its trying to detect if ALiVE is available with an ALiVE function that would not be available if ALiVE isn't available...

it's like telling somebody about his full eMail-box via eMail...

9. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

That makes sense. Not like it's super important for me to know the "why" here, because as Spyder says I'm sure Keeway can figure it out and I'm no scripter, but if Project OPFOR hasn't updated, and ALiVE hasn't updated, what about 1.68 makes this error happen?

10. Friznit

17 Mar 2017 Administrator

If you're internet is down, please check our website for updates.

11. It doesn't, it only occurs when running LOP without running ALiVE.

12. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

My rpt should show it occurs with stable ALiVE and PO running at the same time.

EDIT: The rpt is RC ALiVE I think, but that's besides the point. I have them both running.

13. Keyboard error: Press F1 to resume

14. @SavageCDN Keyboard error: Press F1 to resume

?

15. @Friznit If you're internet is down, please check our website for updates.

Similar to this one.. implying that you can press F1 on your keyboard when it's not working... It's a classic old BIOS error message.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19675287/no-keyboard-detected-f1-to-resume

16. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You guys aren't talking to me then I take it? I'm not really sure what this has to do with this error (which occurs with ALiVE modules loaded). Is this a continuation from a private Slack (or whatever it's called) discussion or something?

17. memes

• backs away slowly*
    • squints eyes*
    • leaves thread and is confused*
    • eyes still squinted*
  18. highhead

20 Mar 2017 Administrator

Hi Heroes!

All is fine comrade, its nothing about you - the devs are just weird guys!

I can confirm this issue, but I cannot say why its happening. I have been on A3 dev branch, then A3 RC and now LIVE with 1.68 and I have seen this error the first time when testing your mission with the many custom modules. So it may as well only happen since 1.68.

While it is correct, that checking if ALiVE is loaded with ALiVE_fnc_isModuleAvailable isn't very sensible, I also get the error with ALiVE loaded, which actually makes no sense.

My best guess is, that with 1.68 there are suddenly issues with initialising functions before the "game" has started (ergo 3DEN and intros). So it's nothing you did wrong at all, but I am not sure if we could fix that at all. The error would also be fixed, if the check would use a cfgPatches call to detect ALiVE instead of the ALiVE function.

I am also not sure if this has ANY gameplay effect at all, as the function is then available! Feel free to ask, if this doesn't make any sense to you! I am all there for you, mate!

HH

19. @highhead but its pretty obvious.... its trying to detect if ALiVE is available with an ALiVE function that would not be available if ALiVE isn't available...

it's like telling somebody about his full eMail-box via eMail...

Sorry Heroes... we are posting additional examples of what HH mentioned.

Friznit If you're internet is down, please check our website for updates.

SavageCDN Keyboard error: Press F1 to resume

Variations on theme... .. memes if you like :)

I'll see myself out....

20. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!