Unsung units ALiVE problem

1. 7 years ago

Even though unsung units are supported on ALiVE's supported units page all I can get working is the civilian placement modules with UNSUNG_C. For the military placement and military ai commander I use UNSUNG_E which is supposed to work but all I get are vanilla troops are errors saying those groups don't exist. Any help? One guy said that UNSUNG_E might only be partial of the unsung troop names. Thanks.

2. @AUTigerGrad ?

3. So I've played around a little and it seems if you put any of the UNSUNG factions:

UNSUNG_W: US Army
    UNSUNG_E: NVA
    UNSUNG_EV: Vietcong
    UNSUNG_G: A.R.V.N.
    UNSUNG_C: Vietnamese

in civilian placement they work fine, but if you put them in military placement or military commander they are not recognized as valid groups.

4. Civilian placement uses a different method for getting units because civilians aren't usually organized into groups.

You can place down the ORBAT Creator module in a blank mission and use the interface that opens on mission start to tell if those factions have ALiVE compatible groups defined.

5. They are all compatible, but there are a lot more UNSUNG factions then I first found, let me test around with a few and see if I can get any to work.

6. ALRIGHT, I got the faction UNSUNG_E_NVA_1968 to work for military placement, I'm going to try a combo of the other factions

7. I'm going to try a combo of the other factions

Military placement modules only work with a single faction, if your trying to enter multiple it will error out.

8. Ah alright, I can't get any others to start working by themselves anyway

So it seems like for the OPFOR forces on Unsung the only military faction that works is UNSUNG_E_NVA_1968

9. Alright I've run into a new problem, when I use ALiVE with the UNSUNG_E_NVA_1968 they all work in the mission file multiplayer server. But when I load the mission file onto my actual server its still vanilla troops. No errors but just vanilla troops.

10. 6 years ago

Do the UNSUNG maps work with alive?

11. Da Krong works I'm pretty sure.

12. Edited 6 years ago by Opendome

Are you running my alive compat mod? Da Krong works and I have an index for Khe Sanh

I tried pushing it to the github but I have no idea wtf Im doing in there haha

13. @Opendome take the X folder from your index, in its entirety, and post it on the Git in the indexing thread. One of the devs will push the index into ALiVE.

or Sign Up to reply!