"Empty" Vehicles spawning with Gunners

1. 9 years ago

This is only happening when I have ALiVE enabled.

Using a combination of DAR's Humvees and EWK's Humvees I place an "empty" vehicle unit on the map via the editor. When I jump into preview or even test on a dedicated server sometimes these vehicles have an AI gunner in them, no other crew inside. Some of the humvees have them and others do not. Upon restarting the mission some of the trucks that had gunners no longer have them and then the others that did not now do have gunners.

Any ideas?

2. Hi, i have this issue when i place a custom obj. near empty vehicles. Alive automaticaly place units of custom obj. on empty turrets.

Try using military placement or civilian placement.

3. I'm not using any custom objectives currently.

4. It also seems I cant get in many of the HEMTT vehicles. I don't get the scroll wheel option.

5. Can you confirm this is not a mod confliction of some sort, try running with only CBA A3 and ALiVE enabled if you haven't already.

6. highhead

28 Dec 2014 Administrator

yeah, please shoot us some test mission where you can replicate it. Could be related to "Firing from vehicles" but not sure! Also I suggest that you dont profile empty vehicles at all if you dont need to (they dont take that much of a performance impact).

7. I've just started noticing this issue in one of my missions. I placed one of the RHS armed M1025 HMMWVs and an AI gunner pops in shortly after mission init.

I tried blacklisting the placement modules to an area around the HMMWVS but it still seems to spawn an AI gunner in the empty vehicle.

This is with RHS:E and CSE running along with ALiVE. No custom placement modules just Mil. and Civ. Military Placement Modules.

8. I came here because of this issue as well. I also tried blacklisting the base area containing vehicles but it didn't help. AI will spawn in random gunner slots In vehicles within the base area.

They don't spawn in all the vehicles but it seems to not be random because they do spawn in the same ones each time.

Currently they seem to like the LAV and humvees.

On a side note, is it possible to use the OPCOM and C2lSTAR modules while completely disabling Friendly AI? I want the logistics and tasks without friendlies doing their own thing and the mil placement has a minimum of 30 -75%

9. @Runny - It is an issue due to the FFV spots being treated as gunner seats which are then automatically filled by ALiVE. This has recently been fixed and will be implemented next patch which I predict is relatively soon.

Dev ticket: http://dev.withsix.com/issues/75997#change-171350

10. Cool, thanks :)

11. I actually misread your question and am unsure of why they are being occupied. The fix I was referring to was only affecting the Combat Support vehicles to my knowledge. I have never had this issue before though. Are the gunner slots of these vehicles filling up or is it the FFV slots that are being occupied?

or Sign Up to reply!