Best Optimized Maps (List for Mission Makers)

1. 6 years ago

So as a mission maker, a badly optimized map or a map that causes spikes in FPS can tank even the most well thought out campaign.

That being said...I figured I'd start a thread for folks to post not their "favorite" maps..but the maps they have had the best experiences FPS wise on.

Personally....

Song Bin Tanh (APEX version) This map is OUTSTANDING. Our current campaign is running on here and even with dozens of units engaged around us...server FPS rarely dips below 30. Very few spikes or points where the FPS chugs even when driving fast down some of the roads. PLUS...it's gorgeous.

FATA... Always have great FPS when using this map for missions/campaigns. Even in the highly populated areas....Server FPS stays above 30 in 99% of instances. My second favorite Middle East map behind Sangin (which is not as well optimized).

Sahrani....A great older map that always does well in big campaigns with our group.

2. We ran a mission on Gunkizli a few months back and the guys all said they were getting great frame rates there.
    Also seconding Sahrani as a really smooth performing map.

Unfortunately 2 of my favourite maps (Sangin and Diyala) suffer from really poor performance

3. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Reshmaan Province. That map is so silky smooth.

Another great one is Isola Di Capraia. This map is small, but it's neat because it comes with a "ship" (it's not really a ship. Not sure what to call it. An offsite base/deck 1 KM off the main island?) offsite.

This is excellent for inserting from by boat or helo (my favorite is boat). Would be best for a short objective based mission, and definitely not for an insurgency or something (insurgency building selection on that map isn't so good).

But performance is astounding and would be perfect for a quick mission or two with some friends.

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@JD_Wang We ran a mission on Gunkizli a few months back and the guys all said they were getting great frame rates there.
    Also seconding Sahrani as a really smooth performing map.

Unfortunately 2 of my favourite maps (Sangin and Diyala) suffer from really poor performance

Which Sahrani? And how's the index?

EDIT: for that matter, how's the Gunzkizli index?

5. Just the CUP version. Seems to work perfectly, we've been having a "3 way" blast the last couple of weeks.

6. Friznit

18 Apr 2017 Administrator

Gunkizki is fine. Indexed it and used it for a campaign recently. Nice map for light infantry/air mobile ops around the marshes

7. Sangin i have found is practicality useless if using AI, they just get stuck everywhere. There seems to be invisible objects the AI cant path through and even the low stone walls give them major pathing problems. Lots of the building will allow the AI to enter but never leave, I have spent hours backing vehicles up to doors trying to get the AI to enter the vehicle and rescue them from buildings. All very unfortunate as it's a gorgeous looking map with some interesting tactical situations available.

8. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I use the teleport AI admin option a lot on Sangin. Sucks but it's worth it. Best map in the game IMO (though one of the worst for performance).

or Sign Up to reply!