Odd Support Behavior

1. 6 years ago

Hey everyone!

So I made a mission on Clafghan and its using Vcom (I haven't adjusted it at all), when I tell a transport helo to land or insert away from enemies it works fine and RTBs fine but when it even comes close to getting into contact it just starts doing its own thing. Itll ignore where you told it to land/insert or itll choose another one like in the middle of an enemy occupied town 2 kms away from your insert point. Then when you tell it to RTB it flies west and starts circling a mountain?

2. Edited 6 years ago by marceldev89

It's VCOM doing it's thing, search the forum and/or BI forum for a solution. I believe there's a snippet somewhere that excludes the unit from VCOM.

3. Ok thanks! Would I want

"this setvariable ["NOAI",true];"

and

"this setvariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",true];

in the module init field?

4. Search ALiVE in the VCOM thread on BI and go to the latest/newest posts. I had it written down. Not sure where. VCOM is a bit too hardcore for me, with all the mortars and screen fuzz and init stuff for me to keep up with how to get it playing nice with ALiVE.

5. Ahh is it this one?

[{{{{Driver _x setvariable ["VCOM_NOPATHING_Unit",true]; (Driver _x) setvariable ["NOAI",true];} foreach (vehicles select {_x isKindOf 'air'});}, 1, []] call CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler;

6. That one didnt seem to work

7. Not sure man. Just unpack one of AuTigerGrad/AuburnAlumni's missions and use his script version. Might be easier than waiting for a reply.

8. I always use

[
    	{
    		{
    			If (!isNull (driver _x) ) then {
    				{
    					_x setVariable ["NOAI", true, false];
    				} foreach (units group (driver _x));

};
    		} Foreach (vehicles select {_x isKindOf "Helicopter"});
    	},
    	[]
    ] call CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler

in the initServer.sqf and that seems to work for the most part.

9. Awesome thanks!!!

or Sign Up to reply!