Persistence issues-some help please

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by SavageCDN

^ that's the one... thanks... someone smarter than me will check it out

@Tupolov

3. OK thanks, appreciate your help.

4. I don't think I mentioned this, but to confirm its not connecting to the war room or logging stats (was fine a few days ago, as previously mentioned above). It remembers player load outs and time of op and profiles seem to be restored. So no adv. markers and no war room, seems to be the main issue.
    Thanks.

5. Tupolov

21 Jul 2017 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by Tupolov

There's a couple of issues here:

1. https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/273 and

14:26:41 Error in expression <ebug"] call ALIVE_fnc_CP; while {count ALiVE_civ_placement_ROADBLOCK_LOCATIONS > 14:26:41 Error position: <ALiVE_civ_placement_ROADBLOCK_LOCATIONS > 14:26:41 Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_civ_placement_roadblock_locations 14:26:41 File \x\alive\addons\civ_placement\fnc_CP.sqf [ALiVE_fnc_CP], line 2354

is related.

2. This is new:

14:25:24 Error in expression <] call CBA_fnc_find == -1) && _response != "UNAUTHORISED!") then {
    _result = [_>
    14:25:24   Error position: <!= "UNAUTHORISED!") then {
    _result = [_>
    14:25:24   Error !=: Type Array, expected Number,String,Not a Number,Object,Side,Group,Text,Config entry,Display (dialog),Control,Network Object,Team member,Task,Location
    14:25:24 File \x\alive\addons\sys_data_couchdb\fnc_readData.sqf [ALiVE_fnc_readData_couchdb], line 1819

3. There's errors with the mil_logistics loading, but its not clear what the issue is there.

Actions:

1. Needs further investigation to be honest. Would be good to have an RPT and Plugin log that correlate. Please switch on debug for the database module.
    2. Please also try using Local as the database module option for any new missions and see if the issues are replicated.
  6. @Tupolov thanks a lot.

1). Is this fairly straightforward to resolve ? i.e. if I drop roadblocks down from extreme to high or medium ? Or will that break the current mission?

2). ok fair enough. Just to confirm, we're running the latest CBA of course.

3). [1] - will do and I'll paste in the RPT and plugin soon. [2] - ok I'll try that.

Thanks again for your help, it is appreciated.

7. Deleted 6 years ago by Duke_161
  8. Edited 6 years ago by Duke_161

Here's the latest RPT, with database debug on -
    file was too big for pastebin, etc, so here's a dropbox link for rpt file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z6ghkbkemhyiw9r/arma3server_x64_2017-07-21_21-51-22.rpt?dl=0

And the plugin: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcvy32wh14hyko0/aliveplugin_2017-07-21_22-00.txt?dl=0

thanks.

9. Tupolov

22 Jul 2017 Administrator

Thanks this helps.

10. Edited 6 years ago by Duke_161

@Tupolov I literally copied and pasted the current mission, renamed it of course and changed it from cloud to local and it all seemed to worked fine... not sure if that's useful to you.

Is it possible my current version is just corrupted somehow ? We are only week into the campaign, at worst, we can start from scratch, if you can't figure out what's wrong? Would you suggest, that's our best option and perhaps set it up as local data save this time?
    Thanks a lot.

11. Tup is on a work trip in the US so he might not be able to follow up for a few days.

12. OK, thanks for letting me know.

13. Edited 6 years ago by Duke_161

So I completely made a new mission from scratch - very methodical, ensuring everything was set up correctly.

All working well initially, mission showing up in war room, stats, etc, mission itself functioning properly.

I then invited a handful of people from my unit to test. Just engaging enemies, using adv. markers, etc. saved a few times, markers had saved, our position and load outs all good and then on the last save, our position/load out was fine, but we noticed adv. markers stopped functioning completely and connection with the war room was lost. This is exactly the same as what occurred before. At least it's consistent...not sure if it's a mod/server configuration causing the issue, no idea.

Anyhow, here are links to the rpt and plugin logs of this particular mission.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/op5pietuc6vwxdn/arma3server_x64_2017-07-25_22-54-18.rpt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hcvg3is8rywb7ol/aliveplugin_2017-07-25_22-56.txt?dl=0

@Tupolov I understand you're away, so obviously, just when you get the chance to take a look at it and perhaps see what's going on, would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

14. Well at least you were able to reproduce it :) Thanks for the logs, etc.

15. Tupolov

28 Jul 2017 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by Tupolov

There is a bug with advanced markers where JIPs don't see the saved markers. If users disconnect and reconnect, that may trigger the markers to load again.

What do you mean connection with War Room was lost?

What map is this? It seems the index isn't up to date.

Edit: So for some reason some data types were not stored correctly, i updated your db entries so that should fix the issue you have in the log provided.

16. Deleted 6 years ago by Tupolov
  17. Tupolov

On the first set of logs provided, noticing that your data dictionary is not quite right. You need to ensure you wait for the server to finish saving before killing the mission etc. The second set of logs might suffer from same issue.

18. Tupolov

Lythium was updated by its author on July 3rd, we haven't indexed that version

19. Yeah ok, thinking about it, I may have been too hasty in my exiting. I also wasn't sure if I needed to 'player exit' as well, but have since learnt that I don't need to. Annoying, but it's all learning.

Ok damn. So lythium as it currently stands, isn't fully compatible with alive ?
    Thanks for your help. At least it's making more sense now,

20. Tupolov

Our suggestion for smoothest exit:

1. Ask players to exit, wait for everyone to disconnect
    2. Admin does a server, save and exit, press continue to get rid of menu
    3. Wait for mission debrief screen, press continue to exit
  21. Thanks Tupolov.

or Sign Up to reply!