Help with Mission Building

1. 6 years ago

Hey, I'm currently in the process of building a whole-map mission on Altis centered around BLUFOR counter-insurgency operations.

There's two things I'm stuck on and I have no idea how to do scripting (If I did it'd probably help a lot).

The first thing I'm wanting to accomplish is some sort of system that will allow us to build FOB's. Basically, I'm looking for a way to be able to deploy FOB's that can act as spawn points as well as having the ability to build fortifications around said FOB during the mission.

The second thing I want to do is have some sort of detainment center where we can put naughty civilians and after a certain amount of time has passed while in detainment, they despawn or get teleported back to wherever. I suppose this one ties back into #1 a bit.

Anyone have ideas or some tried and true methods?

2. R3F logistics will give you all your FOB building needs.

As for detainment, this thread should point you in the right direction

3. Hey, thanks for pointing me to that thread. Some useful information.

As for R3F logistics, I took a look at it and it seems like it will be very useful for building a FOB. But I couldn't find a way to make it so I can have set a spawnable point around a FOB we build? (Other than ZEUS). Keep in mind I can't script for ****

4. Edited 6 years ago by JD_Wang

Easy way is to add one of the tent backpacks to your arsenal. I'm not sure if they all do this I've only ever used the one from the Malden DLC, but when you deploy the tent it creates a respawn point on that location.

Of course if you pack the tent back up the respawn point goes away.

There are other ways to do it but this is probably the easiest, and requires no scripting at all

5. @JD_Wang Easy way is to add one of the tent backpacks to your arsenal. I'm not sure if they all do this I've only ever used the one from the Malden DLC, but when you deploy the tent it creates a respawn point on that location.

Of course if you pack the tent back up the respawn point goes away.

There are other ways to do it but this is probably the easiest, and requires no scripting at all

Wait what? For real? :) Which backpack? Not sure I know what a tent backpack is.

6. I can't remember the name of it, but it's usually towards the bottom of the backpack lists and has a Malden DLC icon.

Oh class name is B_Patrol_Respawn_bag_F

or Sign Up to reply!