AliVE and R3F Logistics/Persistence

1. 2 weeks ago

Hi everyone!

I would like to get R3F logistics working with ALiVE persistence and found this

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Logistics_Support

when it says "Place the Alive (Required) module as normal but name it ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS" do you place two ALiVE (Required) modules with one named ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS or do you just rename the original module ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS?

Thanks!

2. when I name the module (either by itself or with another required module) I get only one player logistics module allowed

3. SavageCDN

Nov 6 Moderator

Just one module the "ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS" should go in the Name field in the module settings. Also make sure you adjust the R3F script as described on the wiki link.

4. Thanks! I tried having one ALiVE (required) module on the map and putting ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTICS in the variable name but when I start the mission I get a big red box that says

only one player logistics module allowed

5. SavageCDN

Nov 7 Moderator

Hmmm.. can you post your RPT file for us to look at?

6. For sure here it is

RPT

Thanks!

7. SavageCDN

Nov 8 Moderator

Nothing obvious to me in the RPT file.. you're SURE you only have one module placed? Try deleting it and re-placing?

If no go try a simple vanilla mission (CBA and ALiVE with R3F) and see if you get the same error... just to rule out any issues with other mods.

8. Yup I double checked and just have the one. As soon as I remove the name the error goes away though. I also just launched CBA/ALiVE/R3F and made a mission on Stratis with the same error.

9. last week

SavageCDN

Nov 9 Moderator

Thanks.. any chance you can send me a copy of that test mission (CBA/ALiVE/R3F)? I'll open a ticket on github and it will get looked at.

10. highhead

Nov 9 Administrator

By theory putting that line with the "updateObject" operation in R3F should suffice totally. I would not rename ALiVE_required to ALiVE_SYS_LOGISTIC - it will mess things up!

11. Thanks that seems to have worked perfectly!

12. SavageCDN

Nov 14 Moderator

Thanks for confirming I will update the wiki

13. 3 days ago

One sort of odd thing is that if the Combat Support vehicles are used for transporting items the vehicle without crew seems to save where it landed last. I tried putting

this setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled", true];

in its init to disable it from being apart of the R3F logistics system but it doesnt seem to disable it.

14. yesterday

I got it working locally with

this setVariable ["R3F_LOG_disabled", true]; in the code field of the transport module which works when I host locally but when I put in on the dedicated server it doesn't work?

or Sign Up to reply!