OPFOR Spawning issue

1. 6 years ago

Hey guys.

I have abit of a sticky situation. Im using the Alive mod and trying to get the two basic factions to battle it out, but the problem I have is that the OPFOR do not spawn, instead I see a bunch of red and green dots on the fortifications and on buildings, as well as name tags such as c_45|MIL|0|150. The BLUFOR are spawning perfectly and Zeus is working fine.

I have searched google for a solution and found this page:
    http://alivemod.com/forum/164-help-with-mil-placement/0
    And that is basically my problem, except I did a file check and even reinstalled Arma 3 and all the mods, (Alive and CBS_A3) and still no luck.

Any threads or sugestions to what the problem might be?

2. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

The things you’re seeing on the map means you have one of the modules set to debug:yes. Regarding OPF_F not spawning, make sure you have them defined as the spawning faction in the Commander and Objective Placement modules that are synced to the OPF_F Commander, as well as ensuring you have “place units” and NOT “objectives only” in the Objective Placememt modules.

Aside from that, make sure the marker you’ve placed on the map to spawn them has objectives/buildings within the area.

3. Thanks for the reply

I have have done all of that, following at least 3 different tutorials exactly. Force factions are OPF_F and the Military Commander AI is CSAT. Mil Obj is set to place units and synced to Mil Commander. TAOR has been set to the selected TAOR, as well as without any specific TAOR they still dont spawn anywhere. Opening up Zeus also shows no units for OPFOR.

Thanks for the info on the debug option, did not know that. I enabled debug hoping it would give me a message to why OPFOR was not spawning. Is there a way to send a log or something?

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@FreeSociety Thanks for the reply

I have have done all of that, following at least 3 different tutorials exactly. Force factions are OPF_F and the Military Commander AI is CSAT. Mil Obj is set to place units and synced to Mil Commander. TAOR has been set to the selected TAOR, as well as without any specific TAOR they still dont spawn anywhere. Opening up Zeus also shows no units for OPFOR.

Thanks for the info on the debug option, did not know that. I enabled debug hoping it would give me a message to why OPFOR was not spawning. Is there a way to send a log or something?

Can you post some screenshots (imgur.com links please) with your OPF_F modules open so I can see how you set them up?

5. I uploaded a few screenshots here https://imgur.com/a/gVsdI

6. Same problem here, but I found out that opfor will spawn units when you "fly" over their taor in zeus mode.

7. @FreeSociety I uploaded a few screenshots here https://imgur.com/a/gVsdI

Thanks. Nothing looks out of place to me. Can you post the mission here so I can take a closer look (Dropbox.com ideally please. Really anywhere is fine, but not Mega)?

8. Is the spawn range the default (1500m) in the Virtual AI module?

9. I’m also thinking the profiles won’t spawn unless he moves his Zeus camera over to the OPF_F area. He didn’t mention an error saying CSAT can’t find suitable locations to spawn (or he didn’t say) so I’m wondering if it’s as simple as that. Either way I can look at the mission, I have some free time today.

10. Yeah the Virtual AI module has all default settings. I reinstalled arma 3 it again on a different drive today, will see if it still does the same. I also decided to use the steam version of CBA_A3 instead of the armaholic downloadable version. A friend said that it could work. I will try moving over the area with the zeus camera again, see if that works. As far as I know, it did not do much.

Ill upload the file on dropbox if it still wont spawn, thanks for the help guys.

11. Cant say what the issue was but now its working perfectly. Perhaps the CBA_A3 Downloadable version?

12. Not sure but glad you got it working. :)

or Sign Up to reply!