No RHS factions working?

1. 6 years ago

None of the factions from RHS appear to be working. I copied and pasted the faction name from the wiki, and it was not spawing in correctly. I checked the ORBAT and none of the factions from rhs work, they are all listed under "incompatible." Is this a known issue, and is there any way to fix it?

2. I've been able to get rhs_faction_msv and rhs_faction_vdv working fine. What issue are you having?

3. Copy and pasting from the wiki tends to cause there to be a false space at the beginning of the faction name. Don’t copy and paste from there it’s known to cause issues. Write it out manually.

If it’s still not working, please post a screenshot of your Military AI Commander and any Objective Placement modules open so I can see how you set things up.

4. Edited 6 years ago by Seagull

@HeroesandvillainsOS Copy and pasting from the wiki tends to cause there to be a false space at the beginning of the faction name. Don’t copy and paste from there it’s known to cause issues. Write it out manually.

If it’s still not working, please post a screenshot of your Military AI Commander and any Objective Placement modules open so I can see how you set things up.

The problem isn't the copy and pasting because I wrote it in and it still didn't work. For the mission, I copied one of your scenarios into the editor, and changed all the spots where it said 3cb_faction_... and changed it to rhs_faction_usmc_d. It's a new editor save, so it's not using any config's or whatever you had packaged in your mission.

Edit: I realized that the orbat somehow got screwed up, I just re-categorized them and now it works.

5. You don’t need to ORBAT that faction, they work with ALiVE already.

6. @HeroesandvillainsOS You don’t need to ORBAT that faction, they work with ALiVE already.

Then something went wrong. The factions used to work fine, but now all the groups are listed under "incompatible." Is there any way to solve this?

7. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Seagull Then something went wrong. The factions used to work fine, but now all the groups are listed under "incompatible." Is there any way to solve this?

RHS is technically incompatible. They’ve always been incompatible. We included the proper group configs directly in the ALiVE mod ourselves so people could use them.

Last I checked they worked fine. I can check again I guess but please ignore what ORBAT says and try them in-game.

If still not working in-game post the mission here (RHS, ALiVE and CBA only please. If it’s one of my missions edited and uses mods I normally use that’s ok too).

8. Heroes, do you think that CUP is a better option to work with ALIVE instead of RHS?

9. Yes.

RHS isn’t bad. Actually it’s great. They just do a lot of things their own way which can make things not always work the way you’d expect.

But yes I much prefer CUP when possible because it’s reliable, works well, has good performance, and follows vanilla structure (as far as I can tell, I don’t code).

10. It's good to know that, I'll switch for CUP!

or Sign Up to reply!