Pause Module broken?

1. 5 years ago

As topic header says - trying to pause some module with

if (isServer) then {
    ["ALIVE_SYS_PROFILE","ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM","ALIVE_CIV_OPCOM"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule;
    };

in my init.sqf and I get a message stating that _mainclass within fnc_pausemodule.sqf is undefined, followed by units spawning all over the map as if nothing had been paused

2. That's because ALIVE_CIV_OPCOM doesn't exist. The following options are available: ALIVE_SYS_PROFILE, ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM, ALIVE_AMB_CIV_POPULATION, ALIVE_MIL_LOGISTICS, ALIVE_SYS_AISKILL and ALIVE_MIL_ATO.

3. Edited 5 years ago by Burdy323

@marceldev89 That's because ALIVE_CIV_OPCOM doesn't exist. The following options are available: ALIVE_SYS_PROFILE, ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM, ALIVE_AMB_CIV_POPULATION, ALIVE_MIL_LOGISTICS, ALIVE_SYS_AISKILL and ALIVE_MIL_ATO.

heh, that would be half the problem..

However, running

["ALIVE_SYS_PROFILE","ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM"] call ALiVE_fnc_pauseModule

and I get the same mainclass message followed by units spawning all over the map

4. Yeah, I can confirm that no matter the combination of modules placed within the array, I get an error on line 1734 (I believe? Top of my head) from the pausemodule.sqf stating that _mainclass is missing, followed by no ALIVE modules pausing.

Unless I am doing something wrong?

5. Can you try with 1 module at the time and figure out which module is causing the problem? The RPT would be handy as well.

6. I believe I figured it out - had to spawn a null function and then run the ALIVE calls

MyFunction = {[""ALIVE_SYS_PROFILE"",""ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM""] call ALiVE_fnc_unPauseModule};nul = [] spawn MyFunction;

I'll inform you in the meantime though if I run into any more issues! Perhaps mention that in the wiki for us less "code-inclined" ;)

7. Edited 5 years ago by Whigital

If you're doing it at init it might be a problem with module init, i.e the module hasn't completely started when you run the pause.

Try doing it manually from the debug console (Exec Server) after the server logged ALiVE Global INIT COMPLETE.

8. highhead

6 Apr 2018 Administrator
    Edited 5 years ago by highhead

yeah - please spawn that code not call it unscheduled!

["ALIVE_SYS_PROFILE","ALIVE_MIL_OPCOM"] spawn ALiVE_fnc_unPauseModule

or Sign Up to reply!