New Map for Alive

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by cbff33

I've been spending the last week and half working on how create Arma terrain. I want to make sure any map I make, works well with Alive. For those that might know, what are the best objects to use for placement on a map, that will work well with Alive. Structures, roads, runways, things like that. I am also going to try to focus on properly working airfields on the terrains. Any good input on what objects are best to use, let me know. Cup? Jbad? or any I don't know about.

Also, my first map is just a 3DLT created terrain. I've looked into sat images, and and this point, above what I can do. But I finally have a larger terrain created. It should be the same size as Lythium. But more rugged. It's an open template as I have not decided to make it desert, or some other climate.

2. If I remember ALiVE has problems with JBAD, in Lythium for example some civilians do not enter in some houses

With CUP I'm sure it works 100%

3. I have been reading up today on the Lythium forums. JBAD was incorporated into cup??

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/144930-wip-ffaa-v6-spanish-army-mod/?page=31&tab=comments#comment-3184394

4. For airfields, don't use any hangars that are enclosed without proper room for fitting aircraft (A2 hangars can have this problem). Also make sure all of your hangars are oriented in the same direction (ie. don't place hangars backwards for "cheap diversity"...).

5. @SpyderBlack723 For airfields, don't use any hangars that are enclosed without proper room for fitting aircraft (A2 hangars can have this problem). Also make sure all of your hangars are oriented in the same direction (ie. don't place hangars backwards for "cheap diversity"...).

I found a tutorial that explains how to set up runways and taxiways in TB. I think a lot of the problems I see with the airfields are various hangers and how they are placed in TB. I am not too familiar with what comes from A2 or A1. But I was thinking maybe a large tarmac with drive through hangers placed in such a way that they can be driven strait into after landing, and then for takeoff you just roll strait out. I want to set them up to where they work well not only for players, but for the AI too. Since the AI are not the greatest at taxiing.

6. For ALiVE, the AI ignore taxiing (hardly any maps work) so don't worry about that. As long as they can takeoff, land, and fit comfortably inside each hangar it will work well.

7. That will be something I will test very hard when I get to it, making sure the AI can take off and land properly.

or Sign Up to reply!