Question about logistic and reinforcements

1. 5 years ago

Hi there,

as from topic, I have made a simple mission on the whole Tanoa map, with two factions fighting for it; consistence of the troops are 400 armored for each side, with MACC and a few aircrafts each. Now, I've setted logistics with constant reinforcements andan infinite pool but, after 4 hours of play, it seems the situation is static: the factions doesn't move to other objectives and no reinforcements seems to be arrived.
    Is that normal? I have to wait more? Or I've setted something wrong? I've seen that at the enemy base there are a few new vehicles, but I've never seen them on the battlefield.

Thanks!

2. Did you sync the logistics module to the commander module?

3. Sounds to me like it’s working perfectly until everything just stops. Might need a rpt file with some Commander debug.

4. @marceldev89 Did you sync the logistics module to the commander module?

Yes is synced

@HeroesandvillainsOS Sounds to me like it’s working perfectly until everything just stops. Might need a rpt file with some Commander debug.

I will post it as soon as possible

5. @HeroesandvillainsOS sorry where I can find the Alive .rpt file? in the appdata/local Arma 3 folder there are only the Arma .rpt files

6. @Franzo83 yeah that’s the right ones. The Arma rpt file

7. @HeroesandvillainsOS Here's the .rpt file from yesterday session

rpt file

I've also noted that the OPCOM, when issuing orders to the TACOM, in debug mode gives often the message "no groups available".

8. @marceldev89 or @SpyderBlack723 anything in there indicate why OPCOM might stop giving orders?

9. I don't see anything obvious. Seems like this was only a 5 minute session where nothing was actually wrong.

10. @Franzo83 Can you post a rpt from a session where you actually get the issue?

11. @HeroesandvillainsOS Sorry I've picked the wrong file: here's the correct one:

correct rpt file

12. I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for but the "no groups available" just means that all groups are busy and aren't available for tasking. Reinforcements seems to be working just fine but you're just not hitting the threshold as you can see in the data below.

18:29:30 ALiVE OPCOM analysing troops for logistics
    18:29:30 Starting Forces: [18,0,0,5,0,0,6,1]
    18:29:30 Current Forces: [13,0,0,7,0,1,5,1]
    18:29:30 Difference: [5,0,0,-2,0,-1,1,0]
    18:29:30 Starting Count: 30
    18:29:30 Current Count: 27
    18:29:30 Needed Ratio: 0.9
    18:29:30 ALiVE OPCOM reinforcements needed: false
    18:29:30 OPCOM analysis finished
    18:18:06 ALiVE OPCOM analysing troops for logistics
    18:18:06 Starting Forces: [22,6,0,5,0,0,4,4]
    18:18:06 Current Forces: [67,13,0,6,0,0,5,4]
    18:18:06 Difference: [-45,-7,0,-1,0,0,-1,0]
    18:18:06 Starting Count: 41
    18:18:06 Current Count: 95
    18:18:06 Needed Ratio: 0.9
    18:18:06 ALiVE OPCOM reinforcements needed: false
    18:18:06 OPCOM analysis finished
  13. @marceldev89 ok thanks, so it's working normally? and there is a way to modify the threshold?

14. Not really, you can modify the "starting forces" array with the snippet below but be careful, you might end up with a map full of reinforcements. ^^

(It might also just not work, not sure about this one.)

{
        private _side = [_x, "side", ""] call ALIVE_fnc_hashGet;

if (_side == "WEST") then {
            [
                _x,
                "startForceStrength",
                [
                    0, // Infantry
                    0, // Motorized
                    0, // Mechanized
                    0, // Armored
                    0, // Artillery