Unsung + Alive Logistics Issue

1. 5 years ago

Hello all,

I've built a nice Unsung Alive mission, on the Da Krong map. The only issue I'm having is that as the campaign progresses (say 2-3 hours in-game) I start noticing CSAT and NATO troops, CSAT helos ect, and troops being brought in on vanilla choppers when I call for logistics.

I'm assuming that I need to blacklist/whitelist ALL of the Unsung classes (white list) and vanilla classes (black list). No idea how to code, so do I just add all the classes I want blacklisted and white listed to the top example located in the custom blacklist wiki page ?

Also, I mentioned that I start seeing CSAT helos, however, I have all modules set to no aircraft or helos, in logistics modules, and placement modules. I've gone through all modules looking for another setting that would spawn enemy helos to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks for the fantastic mod, by the way! You guys are fantastic!!

Good day!
    DrDetroit

2. Edited 5 years ago by DrDetroit

UPDATE: I was able to get Hueys used as logistics transports, and appropriate vehicle trans, no more vanilla transports or reinforcements. Also successfully limiting the NVA available transports, and vehicles, by using the staticData scripting and ini per Alive Wiki.

If anybody needs the code for their mission, I can post it later when I get home from work.

Looked pretty fantastic to see three slicks come in, land, drop off troops, and take off to rtb.

Good day!
    DrDetroit

3. @DrDetroit , I'd be interested in the code to see how you got the unsung Hueys to work as logistics transports. I've had a lot of trouble trying to get the them to work as log. transport and could never get it to work properly. If you cold take the time to post your code (staticdata.sqf and such) I would really appreciate it, a Nam mission without seeing any Hueys flying isn't a good Nam mission.

4. No problem. Will post it up this evening.

Also, I placed a script in the staticData that will spawn your AI team with the custom loadout they start with.

5. Edited 5 years ago by DrDetroit

Put this in your init.sqf file:

call compile preprocessFile "staticData.sqf";

if(isServer) then {
     	waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};
    	call compile (preprocessFileLineNumbers "staticData.sqf");
    };

Copy this into your staticdata.sqf file:

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

/*
     * Mil logistics convoy transport vehicles per faction
     */

[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "UNSUNG_W", ["uns_M35A2","uns_M35A2_Open"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "UNSUNG_E", ["uns_BTR152_DSHK","uns_nvatruck_open"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil logistics air transport vehicles per faction
     */

[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "UNSUNG_W", ["uns_UH1H_m60","uns_ch34_army_M60"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "UNSUNG_E", ["uns_Mi8T_VPAF"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

this addEventHandler ["respawn", { 
     _x setVariable ["LoadoutManager_Settings", [true,true]]; 
     _x addAction ["Access Loadout Manager", {[nil,"open", _this] call SpyderAddons_fnc_loadoutManager}]; 
    }];

I have the CH34 and UH1H as transports, as you can see....

The staticdata.sqf also has the code for AI to respawn with their custom loadout. There are also two different .sqf files I run as well, so that I, or other players on my server, respawn with our custom loadouts.

Let me know if it works for you.

Good day!
    DrDetroit

6. @DrDetroit what factions are these for? Maybe I’ll see if SavageCDN can stick this on the wiki. It’s been asked here before and would be a good resource.

7. Edited 5 years ago by DrDetroit

Sure, it's Unsung_W and Unsung_E factions.

The AI custom loadout script isn't working that great though, so I cut it out below - going to try to figure that out next weekend, that code might belong in the init.sqf...not sure - anyhow, below is without:

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

/*
     * Mil logistics convoy transport vehicles per faction
     */

[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "UNSUNG_W", ["uns_M35A2","uns_M35A2_Open"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "UNSUNG_E", ["uns_BTR152_DSHK","uns_nvatruck_open"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

/*
     * Mil logistics air transport vehicles per faction
     */

[ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "UNSUNG_W", ["uns_UH1H_m60","uns_ch34_army_M60"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
    [ALIVE_factionDefaultAirTransport, "UNSUNG_E", ["uns_Mi8T_VPAF"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

or Sign Up to reply!