Understanding how CQB works with AI Command and Obj modules

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

It might not do anything at all (sync to an OPCOM module) - in fact if you've been doing it all this time and things were still spawning then it's probably benign.

For future however I would avoid the sync

See Spyder's answer below

3. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

3. Only sync to OPCOM for asymm. It ensures CQB only takes place where asymm forces occupy.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

4. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Got it.

And I take it I'd need a seperate CQB module for the non-assymetric side then if I wanted them to spawn CQB units too? Or will having just one synced to Asym OPCOM utilize the dominant override?

5. Test with debug on and see which spawns in an insurgent objective and in an insurgent free area.

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SpyderBlack723 Test with debug on and see which spawns in an insurgent objective and in an insurgent free area.

Unless any of you guys can see any reason why this isn't ok, I decided to test exactly this. I now have exactly one CQB module total in the mission which is synced to the Assym OPCOM. In the faction line I wrote: OPF_MTI_F,UK3CB_BAF_Faction_Navy_MTP and BLUFOR (3CB) spawns in BLUFOR held areas and OPFOR (Massi's/Davidoss's Taliban) spawns in OPFOR held areas.

So this seems to work just fine, at least it does with a quick couple minutes of teleporting.

Thanks!

7. ^ Good to know thanks

8. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

If anyone gets a chance, I'd still love an "official" recommendation for how to have BLUFOR and OPFOR utilize CQB when OPFOR is an Assymetric commander.

Even though it *seems* ok having OPF_F,BLU_F in one CQB module synced to the Assymetric (OPF_F) Commander, it still *feels* wrong having BLU_F written in the module when it's synced to the opposing side's OPCOM.

And looking at some of AuTigerGrad's missions, he uses two (or more) CQB modules. One synced to the Assymetric commander, and another free standing one with the other side written in it. Both set to dominant.

I'm not saying the way I described it or the way he's doing it aren't both correct ways (I realize it's more of an ambient troops spawner than anything), it's just I don't think it's super obvious how to use it in an Assymetric situation, when syncing to an OPCOM is in play.

What I want to do is have an Assymetric mission where just the dominant faction utilizes CQB. Is the "correct" way to use one module (synced to the Assymetric OPCOM with both sides written in) or two modules (one synced to OPCOM and one free standing one for the other side)?

or Sign Up to reply!