Note for Dedicated servers, as well as a few issues I am having with my modules.

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by Anaximandross

First, to anyone making a mission, it is important to know that if you want to include your new campaign/mission on your server, you MUST put the bikey in the 'keys' folder, and include both ALiVE and ALiVEServer in your launch parameters, as well as both files in your server files.

Next, I am having a problem with the mission objective civilian. In my campaign, I converted a very large number of the cities and towns into objectives. I populated them with the 'Force Faction' box, and I put IND_F. Then in my intel, I listed Independents as hostile to everyone. When I spawn in the towns, they don't attack me.

Also, when I load my mission on my dedicated server, most of the markers that show the TAOR don't show up on the map.

Anyway, those are just a few problems I'm having, and if anyone could help, that would be great. I can provide screenies if needed.

Thanks,
    Anaximandross

EDIT: Here is a link to an album containing a few editor screenshots of my mission: http://imgur.com/a/vKLFI

2. Friznit

6 Mar 2015 Administrator

You only need @ALiVEServer if you are connecting to the War Room database for Persistence or Stats. It only needs to run on the dedicated server and is not required for clients.

INF_F faction should work fine. Double check the settings - I've tried a similar setup with Independent hostile to all and they definitely shoot back.

Intel takes a while to load at the moment - can be up to 15 mins before it kicks in, but it does work.

3. Hmmmm. That's weird. I tried for four hours last night and it would not work. As soon as I added the @ALiVE file to the launch para and the file, it would work. Could part of the problem with the IND_F be that I don't have an AI commander for them? I didn't want to actually have a faction, but have them be more like town resistance, like in Arma 2 Warfare mode for multiplayer.

Thanks for the response

4. "Also, when I load my mission on my dedicated server, most of the markers that show the TAOR don't show up on the map."

ALiVE sets the Alpha of the TAOR and BLACKLIST markers to 0 so that they cannot be seen in game, this is not a bug. If you want to visually see the TAOR in game then just make another marker with a different name but the same size and position.

5. @SpyderBlack723 "
    ALiVE sets the Alpha of the TAOR and BLACKLIST markers to 0 so that they cannot be seen in game, this is not a bug. If you want to visually see the TAOR in game then just make another marker with a different name but the same size and position.

That makes more sense!! Thank you!

6. @Anaximandross That makes more sense!! Thank you!

Or if you use the debug mode just to see where you put them.

7. @Anaximandross Hmmmm. That's weird. I tried for four hours last night and it would not work. As soon as I added the @ALiVE file to the launch para and the file, it would work. Could part of the problem with the IND_F be that I don't have an AI commander for them? I didn't want to actually have a faction, but have them be more like town resistance, like in Arma 2 Warfare mode for multiplayer.

Thanks for the response

I would suggest using the CQB module for this.

8. Tupolov

7 Mar 2015 Administrator

Server you need @ALiVE and @AliveServer

Client you need @ALiVE

or Sign Up to reply!