There are different sides within this opcom

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by nibbles

I have an issue which I assume is because "incorrect" cfgGroups config. I however can not figure out why.
    If I create an OPCOM with the following factions sfp_swe_2015_wd & rhs_faction_usarmy_wd.
    I have tried to enter it like ["rhs_faction_usarmy_wd", "sfp_swe_2015_wd"] and without the brackets and quotes aswell.
    Doing this I get the following error when I start the mission: "There are different sides within this opcom west! Please only select one side per OPCOM" the TAOR then is filled with EAST units.

If I look in the config for the different addons it looks like it should work (i.e both have side=1):

class sfp_swe_2015_wd
    		{
    			name="Sweden Woodland - 2015";
    			class Infantry
    			{
    				name="Infantry";
    				class BSWE15_InfSquad
    				{
    					name="Infantry Squad";
    					side=1;
    					faction="sfp_swe_2015_wd";
    					class Unit0
    					{
    						side=1;
    						vehicle="sfp_m90w_squadleader";
    						rank="SERGEANT";
    						position[]={0,0,0};
    					};
    class rhs_faction_usarmy_wd
    		{
    			name="$STR_RHSUSF_FAC_USARMY_WD";
    			class rhs_group_nato_usarmy_wd_infantry
    			{
    				name="$STR_RHS_GROUP_USARMY_infantry";
    				aliveCategory="Infantry";
    				class rhs_group_nato_usarmy_wd_infantry_squad
    				{
    					name="$STR_RHSUSF_GROUPS_SQUAD";
    					faction="rhs_faction_usarmy_wd";
    					side=1;
    					rarityGroup=0.75;
    					class Unit0
    					{
    						side=1;
    						vehicle="rhsusf_army_ocp_squadleader";
    						rank="SERGEANT";
    						position[]={0,5,0};
    					};

Edit: I realised I actually never tried it with the SFP faction alone and doing that I get the error that there are no valid groups and the TAOR is field with EAST units.
    So I guess the problem is the SFP config.

2. Factions must be ALiVE compatible

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

3. Or mods need to be standardized according to ALiVE's wiki, which can be found here .

4. Friznit

9 Apr 2015 Administrator
    Edited 9 years ago by Friznit

Nothing anyone is said is wrong, but the root cause is "faction group configs must follow the standard BIS format." If addon makers deviate from the standard format and use custom group types, ALiVE won't recognise them. We've made an exception for RHS and built a custom mapping into ALiVE, because it's very popular and they asked nicely (or in truth, they refused to budge when we asked nicely for them to follow the BIS standard ;) ).

5. I know this is OT but boy the RHS guys are a bunch of pricks... excellent mod aside.

or Sign Up to reply!