Mission Testing

1. 7 years ago

Hi guys,

So after several tests with ALiVE, I have mixed results in terms of persistence. My missions save but whenever I restart the server, mission time and tasks revert back to default like the mission was never played before. So I humbly ask someone to test one of my missions and report back if its working and, if not, how to fix it ... The mission uses the following mods:

• CBA A3 (latest version);
    • ALiVE (latest version);
    • 3den Enhaced (latest version);
    • Eden Objects.

Link to download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/sdttv50navugaja/OpLandlord.rar

The file contains the folder as well as the pbo format of the mission (both with unbinarized mission.sqm)

Please help

2. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

(Unless you took it out) Persistence of time with that mission is broken due to the description.ext parameter setting that allows players to choose the start time of the mission via the multiplayer parameters.

3. Edited 7 years ago by Riksen

Hummm.. what exactly do I have to remove from the description.ext then? Oh and thank u so much for taking the time to look at it ...

4. Remove this section

//////////--Start Time (Multiplayer Parameter)--////////// -----> https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Mission_Parameters
    class Params {
    class STARTTIME {
    title = "Mission Start Time";
    values[] = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24};
    texts[] = {
    "1:00","2:00","3:00","4:00","5:00","6:00","7:00","8:00","9:00","10:00","11:00","12:00",
    "13:00","14:00","15:00","16:00","17:00","18:00","19:00","20:00","21:00","22:00","23:00","24:00"
    };
    default = 6;
    function = "BIS_fnc_paramDaytime";
    };
    };

5. Ty^

6. Thank you so much guys! I'll remove it and test it again. Will that also solve the persistence with the tasks as well you think?

7. Probably not, however I do remember other people reporting task persistence broken so it may be a bug there. If you have persistence enabled in the C2ISTAR module and everything else in the mission persists ok except for tasks, please post back!

8. Sorry for not replying earlier but I didnt get to play arma yesterday. Today, however, I already got the new version of the mission fired up with the corrections u guys suggested and I'm very happy to say that now the mission time is indeed working and persisting accordingly. The tasks, on the other hand, are not ... So after testing this feature in every single mission I created as well as the ones provided in the mission template section of ALiVE, I would say it is safe to say there is a bug in Task Pesistence.

9. Bumping this to make sure you get my answer my friendly neighborhood Spydie ...

10. I have a vanilla mission on Altis (only Spyder Addons is used beyond CBA/ALiVE) that has auto-tasking. I can test the task persistence on my end when I get a chance.

11. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

^ Thanks, if you do test it then please turn on debug for C2ISTAR's and the Data module and then post Rpt here after reloading the mission.

And thanks Riksen, glad it's working (almost!) fully now

12. Thxs Heroes. Let us know what happens

Cheers

13. Will do!

14. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyy8r0tcxhx7w17/arma3server_2016-06-27_00-00-58.rpt?dl=0

I'm pretty sure Riksen is correct and C2ISTAR persistent tasks aren't working. Here is a server rpt for you guys. The C2ISTAR and Data modules are both set to debug as requested.

Side note: It's been awhile since I've tried to continue a mission on my server. I honestly don't think I've done this since BIS 1.60 or ALiVE 1.0.7. But holy crap! It took forever and a half for the mission to load when I was trying to continue it (I say it was a long time. I have no idea how long it really was but it felt like forever).

When I started the mission the first time to test this the load time was probably 2 or so minutes. That's pretty normal for me. When trying to continue it I'm guessing, maybe 10-15 minutes? It was much longer than I'm used to. Perhaps the bug is related?

15. Thxs for the test Heroes. Hopefully they can figure out whats going on ...

Cheers

16. I added the issue to the ALiVE Github.

or Sign Up to reply!