Multi spawn options

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Try changing the moveMarker.sqf to this

_caller = _this select 1;
    openMap true;
    onMapSingleClick "'marker1' setMarkerPos _pos; hint 'Insertion marker has been moved'; openmap false;onMapSingleClick ''; true;";

See if that does what you want it to, if not let me know.

Updated mission example:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/iaj2umqzua9iwy4/MarkerMovement.VR.rar

3. yes that new movemarker.sqf is perfect! thank you!

the missions 'basics' seem to be taking form nicely - if not slowly.
    The issue I have now (And I'm not asking you to solve this for me - you've done plenty) is that once my player respawns - I lose the ability to use the 'move marker' action. It is no longer in my action menu.

I assume the solution is in the same realm as 'how to keep my gear' (and other things attached to my character) when re spawning. I have done some searching on it, but will take some time to get my head around what is actually happening in those examples.
    Basic things like keeping your gear when re spawning really should be made simpler by BIS in my opinion - but it is what it is.

4. drop a file named onPlayerRespawn.sqf in your mission folder - this file will be processed automagically when the player respawns. Add whatever code is needed to this file.

BIS threads:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=arma+3+onplayerrespawn+site:forums.bistudio.com&espv=2&biw=1233&bih=872&sa=X&ei=weRAVazlNMGfyAT144D4CA&ved=0CDMQrQIoBDAB

5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yep using what Savage's posted, in the onPlayerRespawn.sqf you use
    _unit = _this select 0;
    to select and pass things onto the respawning unit

So in your onPlayerRespawn.sqf you would put this
    _unit = _this select 0;
    _unit addAction ["Move Insertion Point","moveMarker.sqf"];

Sorry can't use code brackets very well on mobile and as always I can help more when I get home if you need it.

This should do the trick, just drop in your mission folder.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/accxsnpbc58i6ep/onPlayerRespawn.sqf

6. thanks guys. will test when i get home!

7. Edited 8 years ago by BOSSMANSHEILD

I have been testing multi spawn and it only partially works.
    1 set up Building to respawn into Created a marker named it
    ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_RESPAWNBUILDING_BLU­_F

Tested ok by itself
    I addedt seperate module
    Vehicle Respawn
    added ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_RESPAWNVEHICLE_BLU_­F to truck name
    When I died it doesnt give me option where to respawn

It put me in the building each time. I removed the building marker and module and I spawn in truck.
    so the truck is working just not giving me option.

So far in description.txt I have this
    onLoadIntroTime=false;
    onLoadMissionTime=false;
    disabledAI=1;
    debriefing=1;
    showGPS=1;
    Respawn = 3;
    RespawnDelay = 15;
    RespawnDialog = 0;
    respawnButton = 1;

Is there something I missed.

So basically can it give me more than one option / location to respawn.

8. Edited 8 years ago by PillowTalk

You need to use the Respawn Template system to get the menu to choose your spawn location.

In the description.ext:

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};

AFAIK, Alive does not provide this itself. Without it, you will just spawn at a random valid spawn point.

You will also need to change respawnDialog from 0 to 1, I think. I am not sure if that is just for the scoreboard and death timer or for the whole menu system. It's nice to have the timer anyway, which I know for sure it controls.

9. 7 years ago

Sorry To Bring Up Old Thread, But Spyder I Was Trying To Do The Exact Thing You Are Describing, As Far As Moving Respawn Marker. The Respawn Marker Moves As It Is Supposed To, But The Helicopter Still Inserts To The Original Location Of Marker. I Couldn't Download Your Example Mission, It Is No Longer There.

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated
    Thanks
    Dan

10. Fairly certain that's just how the module works. I remember trying it awhile ago with the same results.

11. Thanks For The Reply.
    Dan

or Sign Up to reply!