reinforcements

1. 7 years ago

I have made a mission on tanoa where the enemy (syndicate light infantry) occupies all but one island. i have set their reenforcements to "seldom". What does this actually mean? is there a way to override it so it never reenforces? Also, is it possible to clear out an island and not have them show up there again? in other words, since they dont have boats, how to they reenforce, where do they spawn?

thanks

2. In the military logistics module which is synced to the AI Commander module, in there you can set the force pool. I've never actually tried to set it to 0 but I'm fairly sure that's an option.

The way factions reinforce is through ground/air units, depending on how you have it set up (whether that be to "side" or "side and faction") and also dependent on how the faction is made (for instance, when set to "side," if you're using Unsung or ISIS that don't have any helicopters, they'll only get reinforced by the assets they have available, so in this instance it would be by land. If set to "side and faction," they'll use air assets from NATO or CSAT, and their vehicles, etc).

The reinforcements from what I can tell just sort of spawn in the mission. Maybe off so somewhere? Basically, the military commander will request battle casualty replacements from their force pool if they hold military objectives, and the size and delay of which can be set as you've already seen (i.e. Seldom which I think is when they're at 50% of their original force size, or Packets, which I think is when they're at 75% of their original force size, etc etc). If you set forcepool to 0 (again, pretty sure that's an option) they shouldn't replenish their units at all.

Take a look at this for probably a much better explanation:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Military_Logistics

3. Just don't place a military logistics module if you don't want them to have reinforcements. Otherwise, the lowest force pool is 50. It's only when you've synced the opcom to a military logistics module that the seldom / constant / whatever settings actually matter.

Also, virtualised infantry profiles don't really respect the laws of the sea... they just walk across it Jesus-like and when you go near them they spawn on the nearest land. There is a thread on Github about giving virtual profiles boats to travel but it's not implemented yet.

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Referencing the above post, proper usage of boats when virtualized requires pathfinding which is a major piece of work so don't count on it being added soon unless someone feels overly ambitious.

5. @incontinenetia Just don't place a military logistics module if you don't want them to have reinforcements. Otherwise, the lowest force pool is 50. It's only when you've synced the opcom to a military logistics module that the seldom / constant / whatever settings actually matter.

Also, virtualised infantry profiles don't really respect the laws of the sea... they just walk across it Jesus-like and when you go near them they spawn on the nearest land. There is a thread on Github about giving virtual profiles boats to travel but it's not implemented yet.

Ah! Haha yeah that makes sense. I never tried to not have have reinforcements so just not using the logistics module is an obvious answer that wasn't obvious to me. :)

or Sign Up to reply!