New and seeking advice

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Todd

I hope this in the correct section of the forum. Just started tinkering with alive, and I have a few questions.

I built what I think is a working mission, between the tutorials here and youtube.

I used RHS russians and neither (vdv & mdv) seem to spawn, it reverts to CSAT. Even the vehicles are CSAT. I used RHS Army and that works great, vehicles load up fine too.

Do I have to place unplayable groups manually? I didnt at first, and I received tasking but the world felt alone. I placed some groups around the base and on mission start they raced off to do something, not sure what.

The size of the TAOR, if the combined size of opfor and bluefor zones is, lets say 40% of the map, does that mean that the remaining 60% will go un-used?

Inside the AI commander, the force level setting, platoon of 60 etc, is that total troops map wide? How does that work?

Only mods I have loaded for mission creation are ACE, RHS, ASR-AI, CUP maps, Spyders Addons (which is great except I cant get vehicle spawning to work for some reason) and JRSX sound mod doodad.

Thanks a bunch and kudos to the devs, I can't imagine what a chore this was to develop. =)

Todd

2. I cant really speak for the RHS stuff because I haven't used it in a while. What might be happening is an improper faction naming. Make sure there are no unwanted spaces at the beginning or end of the faction names that you put in.
    The TAOR sizes will dictate where units populate and patrol. They generally do not leave their TAOR unless ordered to reinforce friendly units or attack elsewhere.
    Force levels like 60 are groups not individual soldiers. The groups can be anywhere from 2 to 10 soldiers each.

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah I agree. Definitely double check and make sure you have it written properly in the military AI commander, mil/civ/cust obj modules, and CQB and C2ISTAR modules too if you use those.

rhs_faction_msv and rhs_faction_vdv should both be compatible (in fact, these would be the only compatible Russian factions).

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

4. Thank you both! I'll keep plugging away at it. =)

5. If you run out of options feel free to drop a download link to the mission file and someone will try to help diagnose the issue first hand.

6. I may do that, but I want to give it one last 4hr session try. =)

And thank you for the offer =))

or Sign Up to reply!