nimitz bug? (SOLVED)

1. 7 years ago

I cant get my units (infantry) to enter an empty helicopter on the deck of the nimitz. they just spin around in circles. is this a bug?
    I'm pretty sure the spawn height is correct for my men an the chopper.

also, when using the alive support module, the choppers spawn, take off and rtb normally but again, my infantry cant find their way into the choppers

2. Might be an issue with the Nimitz itself or AI pathfinding in tight spaces in general. Try a manually placed non CS unit in the same scenario.

3. Are these your group members you are ordering to board the chopper? Don't think this is an ALiVE issue....

4. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

Hah, I win.

Get off my lawn O Great One

5. tried that. I just have an empty hummingbird and normal infantry manually placed. they go to the "board" point and spin around, not entering. This also happens with the LHD ship, not just nimitz

6. It has to be related to spacing. I can't imagine what else it could be (assuming they follow all other orders).

If you ask them to regroup and follow you, they still do that, yes?

For whatever stupid reason, the game engine requires the units to make a wide circle before boarding vehicles. Picture what my dog does before he lays down.

I'd have to imagine this is the problem you're having. And probably not related to ALiVE. Have you asked over in the Nimitz thread over in BIS forums?

7. yes, they do regroup and otherwise behave normally. thanks, I'll ask over there.

8. Try changing the stance your units are in to a combat stance, maybe it'll shorten their circle prior getting in the helicopter.

9. tried changing stance, and changing vehicle types. they still wont mount. Its as if they cant find the entry point for any vehicle. I even tried hovering and issuing the command, no dice.

10. Trouty, there are no ai paths on the Nimitz, so AI will not be able to use it effectively.

That's from Nimitz author Tetet. Can probably safely mark this as solved.

or Sign Up to reply!