No Civ on Australia

1. 7 years ago

Hy,
    i have trouble with CIV Module on Custom Map Australia. I am not able to bring the module to work. I tried everything, i have the newest version of ALiVE from March 30, 2017.

• I create a small taor Marker 2000 x 2000
    • I use CIV_F
    • All Modules placed

I build many Missions with ALiVE on Celle, Altis and so on. Everytime it´s working.
    So can someone help me / explain how to configure Custom Map with CIV Placement Module?
    As i know since the newest version it is not necessary to work with staticData.sqf.

Thanks in advanced for some ideas.

2. Unfortunately Australia needs to be reindexed and I think it can't due to the PBO files being blocked by the author. What you're seeing is unfortunate but not something you're doing wrong. It's the map.

3. in the newest version australia is still indexed.
    And there is an index staticData.sqf

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=australia&type=

Did you know how to use this files?

4. I'm just following what the wiki map indexing section says about Australia. @Friznit ?

No I'm not 100% sure how to take the staticData off the wiki and use it directly for a mission. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can help you there.

5. Just because there is an index available doesn't mean it's up to date.

6. That´s right, but this index is 27 days old. So it´s really new.
    So i tried with the following to implement.

"UnitedNationInterim.australia\x\alive\addons\main\static\australia_staticData.sqf"
    "UnitedNationInterim.australia\x\alive\addons\civ_placement\clusters\clusters.australia_civ.sqf"
    "UnitedNationInterim.australia\x\alive\addons\fnc_analysis\data\data.australia.sqf"
    "UnitedNationInterim.australia\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\objects.australia.sqf"
    "UnitedNationInterim.australia\x\alive\addons\mil_placement\clusters\clusters.australia_mil.sqf"

All Files are from 12/05/2016 and 08/12/2016
    All files except the Main Files are extracted from newest ALiVE Client Version.

Is there someone who can index australia 5.08.1 again?

7. It doesn't make sense to index anything but the newest version of the map. And even then I'd be reluctant to index it unless I can be assured that the buildings won't change much with future updates (otherwise it would need to be indexed over and over and over again).

If you want and don't feel comfortable indexing it yourself, private message the map author and ask him if he'd kindly forward a version of the map download where the the PBO's aren't obfuscated, and tell him what the purposes are (ALiVE indexing). He can privately send it to me or any ALiVE dev (which I am not) and I'll see what I can do, but no promises I'll have time right away. The map is rather large and will likely need some time to index.

or Sign Up to reply!