Malden 2035 runs exceptionally well

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by AUTigerGrad

I put a new campaign (NATO vs 2035 Russia) on our server last night. Even with multiple aircraft fighting overhead, helos bringing in reinforcements, and troop and tanks galore...server FPS never dropped below 43 FPS. If you haven't tried a Malden ALiVE campaign yet, I highly recommend it.

2. Yes Malden runs bonkers well but I have an issue with mission placements. Maybe this is just an unfortunate fact of the trials and tribulations of map indexing, but I find some target locations are literally sinkholes full of objects. Malden has some great terrain relief but that presents a problem when a bunch of spawned objects appear in a pile at the bottom of a ravine. Is there something I can set in my filtering that will prevent this from happening?

3. Edited 6 years ago by lawnDartLeo

... is your mission available for download?

Quite confused that when I filter on mission name "ALIVE" (because that is really the only thing to filter on to find ALIVE missions that I know of), the only server I see is the one I run.

4. Tupolov

2 Jul 2017 Administrator

Have you tried tasks on Malden yet? If not, please test :)

5. If by tasks you mean the autogenerated kind, not a problem except as noted below.

We have run ALiVE on Malden since the update and it mostly works. I have seen some issues where things are...

1. Spawned within the terrain (stuck in rocks, I have to Zeus them into the open)
    2. Spawned in such a manner that they are all piled up in a terrain depression as indicated above.

One oddity, tonight... we had an eliminate the infantry mission. The infantry targets were in the same spot that a bunch of OPFOR helo's were dropping vehicles, about 1000m from our position. I didn't have eyes directly on but one of the choppers appeared to have resolved the mission for us by dropping the vehicle being carried directly on the squad, thus eliminating them and the mission popped up as a success for us.

6. @lawnDartLeo One oddity, tonight... we had an eliminate the infantry mission. The infantry targets were in the same spot that a bunch of OPFOR helo's were dropping vehicles, about 1000m from our position. I didn't have eyes directly on but one of the choppers appeared to have resolved the mission for us by dropping the vehicle being carried directly on the squad, thus eliminating them and the mission popped up as a success for us.

LOL mission accomplished!

or Sign Up to reply!