Multiple TAORs Question

1. 6 years ago

Hello,

I'm fairly experienced with the ALiVE modules overall, but recently I've been working on a mission that takes place on the MBG_Celle2 map, which is supported, and I'm trying to recreate the Soviet Union invading West Germany in the 80s.

Anyways, my main question is in regards to TAORs. As I've got the TAORs currently angled diagonally across the map, I wanted to create a sort of 'frontline' without the need for the Invading and Defending forces to try and populate the locations in the back of the map where nothing should really be happening. As the NATO forces are outnumbered, I've currently got two (2) TAORs for BLUFOR setup and synced to a single AI Commander. In each of those TAORs I've got a Civilian, Military objective module with the field in it's attributes set to BLUFOR_TAOR_1. For OPFOR I've got 4 TAORs. OPFOR_TAOR_1...4 with modules in their areas as well. But all of these are synced to a single commander for each side. I've got company sized element chosen for the module's strength.

So, is this the proper way to configure a multiple TAOR setup? Or should I not need additional objective modules in each TAOR? Also, do I need to have each TAOR set with it's own AI Commander?

2. Each TAOR does not need its own commander. But each TAOR will need its own objective module, with the other TAOR's written in the blacklist line.

Then yes, sync each Commander to their own objectives, then sync the opposing commander to the other side's objectives (assuming you want each side to attack the other side's objectives), and you're good to go.

3. Ah okay, thanks. I didn't add the other TAOR to the blacklist. I'll have to do that.

4. @HeroesandvillainsOS What's the benefit to doing multiple TOAR? It'd be cool if you could set TOARs a priority because I have problems where the AI Commander guns it straight for high prio objectives instead of nearby towns.

5. @Shadow60_66 @HeroesandvillainsOS What's the benefit to doing multiple TOAR? It'd be cool if you could set TOARs a priority because I have problems where the AI Commander guns it straight for high prio objectives instead of nearby towns.

Multiple markers, for example, one TAOR and one AO, or two TAOR's, are desirable/recommended because this prevents groups from both sides from spawning on top of each other. Allowing opposing sides to spawn at the same objective at the same time is not advised or supported.

Now, whether or not you use multiple TAOR's is really up to you and not a right or wrong kind of thing. It's up to the mission maker to decide what kind of op they are going for and whether or not multiple TAOR's are suitable.

If you want objectives to fill in the gaps between the high priority ones, you can definitely add your own custom objectives to ensure certain places are barren and empty. I do this myself occasionally (such as the SE corner of Sangin. For whatever reason the commanders like to ignore this spot).

6. Edited 6 years ago by Shadow60_66

Oh my mistake I meant having multiple TOARs for a single commander, I definitely give each commander their own TOAR at the start.

Thanks for the tip.

or Sign Up to reply!