Curious FPS issue

1. 6 years ago

I have a curious FPS issue. If I run a mission on LAN/local server for SP, I get around 27-32 FPS, sometimes dipping down to 25. But if I run the same mission in pure SP from the scenario menu or the mission builder, I get between 40-60 FPS, and mostly idling around 45-50, hell I just ran a mission on Diyala with the recently released TF Dust Storm Menu with a dust storm activated and it ran at 60 FPS. Is it because my PC have to run the server as well as the mission? This happens across multiple maps and missions with very similar ALiVE settings.

2. If there is a performance issue with SP/Editor versus LAN, this should be easy to test without any additional mods. Can you run an ALiVE and CBA only test on a vanilla map and see how it goes?

3. Maybe you’re home internet isn’t so good? Honestly I’m really not sure if that would impact it or not (I’d assume so but I don’t really know).

4. Edited 6 years ago by GrizzlyBear83

Could be, but I got 100mbit up/down. Well, it's curious though. Thanks anyway.

5. If you are running the dedicated server .exe on the same PC as your A3 client then make sure you assign 2 cores to the server.exe and at least 2 different cores to your client .exe

You can do this through Task Manager by right-clicking on the .exe in the Process tab

or Sign Up to reply!