Infinite Load Screen Issue

1. 6 years ago

Hi there,

a couple of months ago I kinda dropped off ArmA for some personal reasons, right now it's been resolved and I'm back. My old mission that was working perfectly back then no longer loads for some reasons, it's just loading and loading and loading and I'm completely lost why, I've read the wiki about it, ensured all modules that need to be synced is synced, I even double checked all modules on the wiki to see if they required being synced or not. Still not working, I know for a fact that it's the alivemod modules causing it not to load as its loading without a problem if I remove them from the server.

Any recommendations or tips to fix this I'd really appreciate it as I got no clue, been trying to get it to work the past 8 hours, takes a piss to reload the time all the time as I can't even hit the 'ESC' key to return back or anything.

Mods being used:
    RHS Series
    CBA
    ACE3
    CUP
    Some other vehicles, maps, sound, uniform mods

RPT Logs
    https://pastebin.com/1bwJJkyy

2. Friznit

24 Nov 2017 Administrator

Generally completely deleting and then replacing the modules in the editor fixes this issue.

3. @Friznit Generally completely deleting and then replacing the modules in the editor fixes this issue.

Just tried that, I deleted all modules on the entire map including ACE3 modules, CBA and ALiVE modules, added everything back manually and still the same issue.

All though I've figured out that the issue ONLY occur if I have ALiVE_mil_placement_custom module on the map, doesn't happen if I have the civilian objective or military object once on the map which is weird

4. Friznit

24 Nov 2017 Administrator

Which map? Please can you try a fresh map with just alive and cba loaded and see if you can recreate the issue? Could be the map needs a re-index.

5. @Friznit Which map? Please can you try a fresh map with just alive and cba loaded and see if you can recreate the issue? Could be the map needs a re-index.

I just tried on Tanoa with only ALiVE and CBA activated, did the exact same thing. I have reported it on GitHub in case it's a bug: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/471 I've included both client and server logs, also included the mission itself with just the default and basic stuff.

Double checked that I have all the latest patches for both ALiVE and CBA just to be on the safe side, pretty much done everything thinkable by now, but yea the report includes the mission template itself, logs and everything, I can't figure it out for some reason.

I followed the troubleshooting guide on the wiki about the subject itself, ensures all modules were synced and such, in my eyes it seems to be a bug of some sort.

6. There was an issue with back compat and cust obj modules very briefly, but this *should* all be fine in the most current release of ALiVE (TBH I don’t think this issue was ever in a release build but it was spotted internally, then fixed). Can you make 100% sure your ALiVE is up to date? Your best bet for this is Steam Workshop because it updates automatically.

Can you take a screenshot with your cust obj module open if you are up to date and it still has infinite loading?

7. Ah I see you said you are current. Can you post a screenshot please?

8. @HeroesandvillainsOS There was an issue with back compat and cust obj modules very briefly, but this *should* all be fine in the most current release of ALiVE (TBH I don’t think this issue was ever in a release build but it was spotted internally, then fixed). Can you make 100% sure your ALiVE is up to date? Your best bet for this is Steam Workshop because it updates automatically.

Can you take a screenshot with your cust obj module open if you are up to date and it still has infinite loading?

I wasn't aware there was a workshop of the ALiVE plugin, could you send me a link of it? I straight up downlaoded the latest version from the website as of earlier today and the latest I took was like 30 minutes ago, give me 2 minutes and I'll take screenshots

9. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Also copy pasting the modules isn’t the same as delete and replace (incase you are doing that). The same goes for compositions (pretty sure). Delete and replace means delete the module, press save in the editor. Place the module again, press save again.

10. @123B3n I wasn't aware there was a workshop of the ALiVE plugin, could you send me a link of it? I straight up downlaoded the latest version from the website as of earlier today and the latest I took was like 30 minutes ago, give me 2 minutes and I'll take screenshots

Sorry I’m not talking about the plugin. Or aliveserver or anything like that. I meant the base mod but yeah it should be current on the site.

11. Edited 6 years ago by 123B3n

@HeroesandvillainsOS Also copy pasting the modules isn’t the same as delete and replace (incase you are doing that). The same goes for compositions (pretty sure). Delete and replace means delete the module, press save in the editor. Place the module again, press save again.

I deleted all of them and added them back manually not copying them or anything like that, and I wrote a simple test mission from scratch just to check if it was caused by all of my other addons, launched it with only CBA and ALiVE active just to see if it still occurred and so it did.

Image of the entire mission with all it's modules open, those are the values used in the test mission most of them have barely been changed from it's default values, some have and some haven't.

-image-

Edit: Oh okey, yea all addons that exists on the workshop such as CBA are from the workshop, wish the ALiVE plugin was there as well but it's not as far as I know.

12. Ok but does it infinite load if you remove that composition name from the cust obj module? 99% sure this is causing your problem. It shouldn’t say that composition by default so that definitely isn’t freshly placed.

13. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

MediumMGCamp3 remove it. Delete and replace. Don’t put it back in there. It should load.

14. @HeroesandvillainsOS MediumMGCamp3 remove it. Delete and replace. Don’t put it back in there. It should load.

Wow, the fact that I missed that part is unreal, really though thanks that will really help me with my previously working missions.

or Sign Up to reply!