Setting which weapons civilians get when they go rogue

1. 6 years ago

I want to use Alive in a Vietnam mission yet still retain the whole civilian hostility thing. The only problem is that whenever a civilian goes rogue they pull out one of the vanilla smgs or a katiba or something like that. Is there any way that I can twerk with ALIVE in order to define the pool myself? I'll do anything even taking apart the pbo and putting it back together if I have to. I just need to know.

Thanks.

2. I wonder this as well, and to slightly expand on this question is it also possible to set the static weapons spawned by the CQB module? so you can keep the mission in a vietnam, ww2 or whatever theme.

3. I would advice against twerking ALiVE, but we can try and update the staticData for the supported factions with more appropriate weapons:

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/addons/main/static/CivPop.hpp

4. Edited 6 years ago by JD_Wang

In your static data.sqf and add something like this to it

if (!isServer) exitWith {};

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};

// civ weapon pools
    [ALIVE_civilianWeapons, "CUP_O_Tban", [["CUP_hgun_SA61","CUP_20Rnd_B_765x17_Ball_M"],["CUP_arifle_AK47","CUP_30Rnd_762x39_AK47_M"]]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;

Pretty sure there's more examples in the wiki as well, or they could be here in the forum

5. @JD_Wang Do you know if it is possible to changed the static weapons used by the CQB module the same way? Had a look through ALiVE.OS/addons/main/static/ on github but nothing stood out to me there. Would love to add some weapons from Unsung and Faces of War.

I have actually not tried those yet so maybe they are supported already, but when I used some talibans from CUP they got the default "futuristic" static weapons from vanilla blu/op-for.

6. Statics are, uhmm, static at the moment -> https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/blob/master/addons/mil_cqb/fnc_CQB.sqf#L48

7. ok, thanks. I'll just disable them for the time being =)

or Sign Up to reply!