MACC and placed assets

1. 6 years ago

How do i sync placed assets to the MACC. MACC has no flight zone marker so it should be the entire map but i don't see any people manning the empty assets i've placed

2. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I don’t know a ton about MACC but since the forums are slow I’ll try to help. Fairly certain it’s mandatory that an air zone marker be placed and defined. Try placing one and setting it in the module (making sure the air assets are inside it) and see if it works properly.

3. Edited 6 years ago by pathoz

@HeroesandvillainsOS I don’t know a ton about MACC but since the forums are slow I’ll try to help. Fairly certain it’s mandatory that an air zone marker be placed and defined. Try placing one and setting it in the module (making sure the air assets are inside it) and see if it works properly.

so it looks like it just places pilots in a building near all of the helicopters but not the planes, that may be just because their might not be pilots for planes in rhs vdv though. never seen the pilots get in the helicopters though but im not sure what i would need to spawn for the macc to deem it necessary to use them

4. @Tupolov

5. Maybe obvious, but have you synched the empty units to the virtual module?
    And do they belong to the same faction that you've set in the commander module? Fairly certain the AI commander will only use units of its own faction.

6. Edited 6 years ago by pathoz

I did that but I don't think he's using it. I'm not sure if i'm doing enough to warrent a helicopter though. i was hoping that the macc would use assets from another faction but i can always just add it through the orbat later if that's the case. The helicopters are the same faction but the jets aren't

7. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

First just try a vanilla setup just to make sure you have the concept for placing assets down. If that works at least you’ll know what this issue is.

8. Edited 6 years ago by pathoz

I do. I've been doing mission making for a while just never used alive. I think it's working now but the MACC only calls air support rarely which is okay. I think if i wanted it to really work, using CSAT would work best so it wouldn't be using multiple factions or use ORBAT. Thanks for the help guys.

9. I meant vanilla as in ALiVE and CBA. But either way I’m glad you’ve made some progress

10. Try out the ALiVE mission combat shock on altis. It's using rhs but not the factions that contains planes. It had a LOT of helicopters being used by macc. They were all placed by the placement modules or macc module. But I saw a lot of recce missions and CAS missions.

11. Edited 6 years ago by pathoz

@Nablatidis Try out the ALiVE mission combat shock on altis. It's using rhs but not the factions that contains planes. It had a LOT of helicopters being used by macc. They were all placed by the placement modules or macc module. But I saw a lot of recce missions and CAS missions.

The problem I was having is I couldn’t have them spawn helis due to something strange with the map and would cause all the helicopters to explode on spawning. I was avoiding having to script the helicopters to always spawn 2 feet above the ground but I ended up fixing it by just replacing everything and resyncing it all. And also sometimes it’s just fun to make your own mission and now I pretty much know the insides and out of alive after all the different things I had to do just to get this weird map working.

or Sign Up to reply!