I'm pretty new to Alive. How do you make a war? (SOLVED)

1. 6 years ago

I know how to pit two AI against each other and all that stuff but how can i make a war for the entire island?

I want blufor to invade from the airfield in the middle of altis and opfor to control the rest of altis. I want the end result to be that one of the factions completely dominates altis. How would i go about doing this?

2. Basically once you have the military ai commanders and their zones synced just set the force there to occupy and the other to invade one will win when the force pool becomes zero. If you aren’t just placing zones over towns vs putting zones over the entirety of the map you’ll run into the issue where there is no capturing of towns it’ll just be an all out fight, it’s up to you what you want but that’s pretty much going to happen anyways what you’re asking, checking for a winner will require some clever scripting though and if you haven’t already been doing scripts and working with Alive, I’d recommend either setting up a final mission scenario like killing someone or something like that that doesn’t appear till a certain time that you’ve figured out how long you want the mission to go.

3. @pathoz If you aren’t just placing zones over towns vs putting zones over the entirety of the map you’ll run into the issue where there is no capturing of towns it’ll just be an all out fight,

So i should manually place OPFOR's TOAR's. Correct?

I ran into this problem before when i was originally trying to set it up. OPFOR and BLUFOR would just fight near the airfield and then do nothing. This was when i placed BLUFOR's TAOR around the airfield but gave OPFOR no TAOR so they would populate the whole map. I guess BLUFOR needs OPFOR TOARs so they have an objective to push, correct?

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

No. You do not need multiple markers over an area versus just having one over the same area. Not unless the marker serves some kind of purpose (for blacklisting purposes, lowering initial objective count/spawns, etc).

The first thing I’d try is increasing the BLU spawns if you feel they aren’t pushing enough. First in the MIL/CIV Placement Obj modules, then if that’s not sufficient, by increasing the TAOR size. Then, if you find certain areas are not being given a high enough priority, place some custom objective modules over those spots and increase the default (50) priority number.

5. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@HeroesandvillainsOS No. You do not need multiple markers over an area versus just having one over the same area. Not unless the marker serves some kind of purpose (for blacklisting purposes, lowering initial objective count/spawns, etc).

The first thing I’d try is increasing the BLU spawns if you feel they aren’t pushing enough. First in the MIL/CIV Placement Obj modules, then if that’s not sufficient, by increasing the TAOR size. Then, if you find certain areas are not being given a high enough priority, place some custom objective modules over those spots and increase the default (50) priority number.

Ok, but there is one more thing i'm confused about. When i add OPFOR to the map i do not add a TOAR to their civ and mil placements, i just blacklist BLUFOR's TOAR so that OPFOR populates the whole map besides BLUFOR's TOAR. Do you recommend i add a TOAR for OPFOR or is what i'm doing fine?

6. Agh! Wow my moderator privileges really fucked something up because I’m a moron. Let me try to clean this up. Dear god what did I do...

7. @Plzhelp65 Ok, but there is one more thing i'm confused about. When i add OPFOR to the map i do not add a TOAR to their civ and mil placements, i just blacklist BLUFOR's TOAR so that OPFOR populates the whole map besides BLUFOR's TOAR. Do you recommend i add a TOAR for OPFOR or is what i'm doing fine?

That’s fine. As long as you don’t overlap where BLU and OPF initially spawn, you won’t have any issues. However, one example of maybe trying out an OPF TAOR, would be if OPF severely outnumbered BLU on mission start, if that wasn’t what you were shooting for. Smaller spawn areas = less groups.

If you do choose to give OPF a TAOR, you can still make them aware of objectives outside the TAOR, by placing objective modules for the non-TAOR area, syncing them to their Commander, and setting them as “objective only.”

8. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Thread cleaned up. :)

9. The OP solved the issue by increasing the BLU spawns (OPF was massively outnumbering BLU and causing his balancing issues).

If you are not the same user that’s messaging me on Reddit, let me know and I’ll remove the solved tag.

or Sign Up to reply!