fun little trigger for playing air support

1. 6 years ago

just screwing around with the alive script snippets I found a fun way of providing player air support. I am using mods (alive, cba, rhs, ace and a good chunk of sound mods with blastcore). I am using Altis with 800 rhs msv soldiers, and 60 rhs tv tank units with the opcom set to invasion. In the mission I fly the rhs apache. I have no profiled west forces yet. The west are manually placed in the editor. I added a platoon of m1 tanks and just gave them a move waypoint across the map. I wanted to be able to provide air support for the m1's but also be able to break off and go hunting like any hungry apache would. here is how it works---
    first I will break down the names of the entities:
    a1=apache group (consisting of s1 and s2)
    s1=me pilot
    s2= apache copilot
    a3= m1 tank platoon group

next I made a repeatable trigger with the following layout
    type-none
    activation-none
    on condition box ((count ([getpos leader a3, 300, ["EAST","entity"]] call ALIVE_fnc_getNearProfiles)) > 0);
    on activation box [s1,s2] join a3;
    on deactivation box [s1,s2] join a1;
    thats all there is to it!!

so when the m1 platoon gets within 300 yards of a entity that has not spawned or has spawned my apache gunner and I become part of the m1's group. Even if I am across the map hunting I will be able to find them with the on screen icons. Once I am in there area I can hit the targets that the m1 platoon commander wants. When the area is clear my apache gunner and I are released from the m1 platoon and free to go our merry way on hunting. This makes for a hell of a fun and challenging alive mission.

2. Neat. :)

3. That's pretty sweet. I'll have to try that.

or Sign Up to reply!