Index of taunus

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Harudath

@Nichols Supposedly it was reindexed. There are guys in our group that are going to test it.

Did they have any luck? (or anyone else for that matter)

3. Edited 6 years ago by Nichols

It is indexed but it still runs a server in the ground. I tried it on our server with just 2 small groups and a civ faction and within 15 minutes our server was only getting 2fps server side. It was unplayable and that was with me acting as Zeus and limiting the spawn area. I personally do not recommend it as an ALiVE map.

Here is our server specs:
    CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1270v3 (Haswell 3.5ghz) 1 CPU, with 4 total cores @3.50 ghz
    Amount of RAM: 32 GB
    Standard hard drive size: 2000 GB
    SSD hard drive size: 240 GB

4. The server doesn't really get affected by the map itself as it doesn't have to render anything. It's more likely your mission setup.

5. Mind uploading your indexed version? Would be curious to try it - at worst you have another data point. I found map-wide IEDs in a 20x20km map reduces server performance by 25-70% depending on how many AI are also present, but I've not had a problem like that before - even Tanoa ran well with a lot of AI

6. @marceldev89 While I would normally agree; I only had light about 150 infantry on BLUFOR and OPFOR spawning in with vanilla weapons with no aviation and armor. I also simply put down 4 TAOR's to cover the southern part of the map with 4 area objectives for the AI to fight over with an OPCOM for each side as well as civilian population, military and mil civ markers. I had no mods other than ACE, CBA and ALiVE running and it was grinding it to a halt. I don't know how much more plain and simple for it to be done other than going in and tossing down custom objectives only while spending endless hours looking for the one thing that might have been out of whack.

@Harudath I used the same version that is on the Steam Workshop. I have since deleted everything associated with Taunus on the server and my system and don't have the files since they were deleted as well.

7. Has there been any progress for X-Cam Taunus, or is it consensus that this map is unfixably unusable for ALiVE in its current state?

8. If the index isn't working properly at the moment then your best option would be to use custom objectives and populate the map that way. At least until someone is able to re-index and/or figure out if there's something wrong and what that might be.

9. 5 years ago

Sorry to flog a dead thread, but has there been much luck with X-Cam Taunus?

10. @Harudath if we attempt another run at Taunus it will only be with custom objectives and extremely limited spawn areas for the AI with a massive amount of GM activity to keep it running correctly.

or Sign Up to reply!