MSO Repo Access

1. 9 years ago

My question is about MSO not alive, sorry but I don't know where else to post it!
    Access to the MSO devheaven page has been disabled: dev.withsix.com/projects/mso/
    Is the latest git repo/documentation still available anywhere?
    I have a download from a while back but I believe I have an old mission editors guide and possibly a few other outdated parts.

2. Friznit

17 Apr 2015 Administrator

It's no longer available or supported. Some people out there may have ancient copies for A2 but we specifically ask that noone tries to port it or any part of it for A3 public release.

3. I might have some stuff lying around for MSO... I'll have to check my gaming PC though.. if you're still interested post back here and I'll list what I find.

4. I'm still interested, thanks!

5. Here are the instructions for the database setup...still looking for the PDF manual

PersistentDB setup for MSO 4.5 ---- REQUIRED INSTALLATIONS ----
    Install MySQL 5.5 - user: root pwd: enter a suitable password (including Workbench if possible), check installation path (!)
    Install .NET 4.0 Client Profile and Reboot
    Install .NET Framework 4.0 Full
    Install MS Visual C++ Redistributable
    Install mysql-connector-net-6.5.4
    Install MySQL Workbench if you haven yet (if in doubt, just accept all default settings)
    ---- SETTING UP PDB ----
    Check that MYSQL Server is running and import SQL dump using MySQL Workbench
    get MSO[date].sql from mission folder \core\modules\persistentDB\ or use download-link below (attachments)
    In MySQL Workbench > Manage Security > Setup a user called arma (set password) and give it dba permissions, ensure user can only connect from localhost.
    Download and copy @Arma2Net folder to ArmA2(OA) Root directory (use download-link in attachments)
    Copy Databases.txt (from Arma2netMysql folder) to C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL (-> create the folder if not there)
    open the file, delete the #, change username to arma and change password (last two entries on line)
    Update dedicated server (armaoaserver.exe) launch shortcut and add @Arma2NET to mod line
    Launch the dedicated server shortcut, start up a mission with PDB and make sure it is switched to "ON" on params.
    ---- DEBUGGING ----
    Install baretail log monitor
    In baretail open the server rpt and the arma2net log file (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2NET) - will indicate if MySQLPlugIn has been successfully loaded.
    Once in game, in baretail open the mysqlplugin log (C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL\logs\[date].log - will indicate if SQL calls have been successful.
    NOTE: Make sure in your locale regional settings the decimal seperator (maybe a comma ,) is set to dot (.)!

6. Link to PDF manuals.

http://www.filedropper.com/msomanuals

7. Thanks, that's the guide I was looking for!

8. Follow everything to the letter with MSO. Library version and build are very important. Your mileage may very. Who knows what the recent updates might have broken.

or Sign Up to reply!