Problems indexing maps

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by ElBandito

Hi all,

I am having major issues setting up ALiVE indexing. Here are the following steps I have taken.

1. ) I've ensured that BattlEye is disabled.
    2.) I turned off my AV and scanners.
    3.) I placed the @ALiVE, Scripts, @Anizay folder in the steamapps\common\Arma 3 folder.
    4.) Ensured that ALiVEClient.dll and alive_object_blacklist.txt are in the @ALiVE folder.
    5.) Installed deOgg and DePbo, which created a Mikero\DePboTools\bin directory. I then placed DeWrp.exe in this bin directory.
    6.) I also set the path in advanced settings for the \Mikero\DePboTools\bin directory.
    7.) I made sure all .exe and .dll files are 'unblocked' in Windows.

As for testing a map, I simply placed one vanilla Arma rifleman on the map as well as the Alive Index Module.

My .rpt file spat this out.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Starting Map Index for tem_anizay on 11/12/2018 8:10:44 PM
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pathToMap: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Anizay\Addons\Anizay.pbo
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> root: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> logfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tem_anizay\log.txt
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> indexfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tem_anizay\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\objects.tem_anizay.sqf
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> parsedIndexfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tem_anizay\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\parsed.objects.tem_anizay.sqf
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> blacklist file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\alive_object_blacklist.txt

As you can see, I have tried this process many times to no avail. No, even my DeWrp.exe isn't working. I get an error that says "THe procedure entry point ??0FileStringW@@QEAA@PEA_W@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:Program Files (86x)\Mikero\DePboTools
    bin\DeWrp.exe."

Can someone please help me out? I am doing everything right but I am not able to index any map.

2. Do you have DeWrp installed on Windows path?

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

3. I believe so. Is there a way to upload pictures? Perhaps I can post a screenshot of the path I set it to and you can see if I did it correctly.

4. You could always take a screenshot, put it on Imgur and link the Imgur link here. One time after an OS reinstall, I messed this up and forgot how to properly do it (I’m not a PC whiz). Fairly sure I used this link to show me how to get the exe on Windows path (it has pictures lol).

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44272416/how-to-add-a-folder-to-path-environment-variable-in-windows-10-with-screensho

5. I'll be sure to do it when I get home, but I am 99 percent sure I did exactly this. It was when I moved the Dewrp.exe to Mikero/DepboTools/bin when it gave me the entry point error. Could it be the version of Dewrp I am using? It is version 1.71.

6. Not sure what version I’m using. Fairly sure it’s the version linked on the ALiVE wiki on the indexing page. Also fairly positive you don’t need to put DeWrp.exe inside that folder if for whatever reason that’s where the issues arise (though I do think I did place mine there. Not sure offhand I’d have to check). I highly doubt the location makes a difference, just as long as it’s on a Windows path.

7. I have an additional question. Does it truly matter if the addons are loaded via Steam launch option parameters or if I load them in the Arma 3 launcher? I couldn't get Arma to start through steam so I just selected CBA, Alive and Anizay in the Arma 3 launcher.

8. Anizay is going to require CUP Terrains Core, but to answer your question I don’t think it matters how you launch the game or mods as long as they are installed correctly and work, however I’d be concerned with the fact your game won’t lauch through Steam just in general.

9. FYI ALiVE itself shouldn’t be loaded via the Workshop for indexing though. Will it work if you do? Maybe, but the steps explicitly state ALiVE itself needs to be loaded from the Arma root folder.

10. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Also, make sure you enable -filePatching in the launch parameters (either manually or with the A3 launcher check box) to index. This is required.

11. I should make a correction. The game does run via Steam, in that when I click "Play" it takes me to the Arma 3 Launcher. However, I meant that when I try to start the game with the Launch Options set to -mod=@ALiVE; @CBA_A3; @Anizay; @CUP Terrains - Core -filePatching, I get an error with CBA. It says, "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found." So the only way I can launch the game is through the launcher and then by clicking on the checkboxes next to each individual addon I need.

And I placed my @ALiVE folder in the \Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\ path. filePatching is also enabled.

On a good note, I got rid of my DeWrp error by deleting it and re-extracting. I will test it in Arma and let you know what happens.

12. Edited 5 years ago by ElBandito

Here is the picture of the path I placed the dlls and DeWrp in.

https://imgur.com/a/uX8tKvg

I just made a new folder called Tools and placed them in there.

13. Can’t see the photo. Is everything working now?

14. Edited 5 years ago by ElBandito

Try this link. https://imgur.com/gallery/uX8tKvg

First let me say this to help out anyone else who may come across the thread. Order matters. I set the launch options to -mod=@CBA_A3;@ALiVE;@CUPCore;@Anizay -filePatching and got the mods to load up properly.

As for indexing, I still am getting errors. Here are two pictures. https://imgur.com/a/BD7Oghv

My log file contains the following: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Starting Map Index for tem_anizay on 11/13/2018 6:51:31 PM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pathToMap: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Anizay\Addons\Anizay.pbo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> root: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> logfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tem_anizay\log.txt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> indexfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tem_anizay\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\objects.tem_anizay.sqf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> parsedIndexfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tem_anizay\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\parsed.objects.tem_anizay.sqf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> blacklist file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\alive_object_blacklist.txt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Starting Map Index for tem_anizay on 11/13/2018 7:00:50 PM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pathToMap: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@Anizay\Addons\Anizay.pbo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> root: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> logfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tem_anizay\log.txt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> indexfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tem_anizay\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\objects.tem_anizay.sqf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> parsedIndexfile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\indexing\tem_anizay\x\alive\addons\fnc_strategic\indexes\parsed.objects.tem_anizay.sqf >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> blacklist file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\alive_object_blacklist.txt

I read that a cmd.exe window is supposed to launch, which indicates that DeWrp is working. That is not my case. Could it be a permissions issue where cmd.exe is not wanting to launch rather than DeWrp itself?

15. Edited 5 years ago by ElBandito

I feel stupid. I checked the .rpt file and it told me this.

19:20:14 ALiVE Global INIT 19:20:14 ALiVE Global Init Timer Started 19:20:14 ALiVE [m_0|1] Module ALiVE_sys_indexer INIT 19:20:14 ALiVE [m_0|1] Module ALiVE_sys_indexer INIT COMPLETE TIME: 0 19:20:14 [6746,90.252,0,"XEH: PostInit started. MISSIONINIT: missionName=Index, missionVersion=53, worldName=tem_anizay, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false, CBA_isHeadlessClient=false, hasInterface=true, didJIP=false"] 19:20:14 [6746,90.273,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: alive_main=1.7.0.1807121, cba=3.9.0.181012, "] 19:20:14 [6746,90.284,0,"XEH: PostInit finished."] 19:20:14 ALiVE_sys_acemenu: ACE interact_menu not active or no interface found, exiting 19:20:15 Mission id: da0e51b0cf08fabf2daaa3186c5082fc4a10183d 19:20:19 Loading movesType CfgMovesButterfly 19:20:20 Loading movesType CfgMovesBird 19:20:20 MovesType CfgMovesBird load time 107 ms 19:20:25 Loading movesType CfgMovesRabbit_F 19:20:32 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Starting indexing for tem_anizay map 19:20:32 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Creating a list of objects (excluding blacklist) 19:20:32 CallExtension loaded: ALiVEClient (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE\ALiVEClient_x64.dll) [] 19:20:32 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> There was a problem, exiting indexing: ERROR - Path to map incorrect

I am assuming it has something to do with the Map Pbo File Path. This is what I set it to.

@Anizay\Addons\Anizay.pbo
  16. Is Anizay in your root folder or the !Workshop folder? If root, first things first to see if the tools are installed correctly, try to see if indexing works with a vanilla map that’s known to be indexable like Stratis.

17. I was able to get it to work by changing the Map PBO file name to "tem_anizay." That was the proper name, not "anizay" on its own.

I was able to index it and play, albeit with some problems, but I will make a separate post about it later today. Thanks a lot for your help.

18. @ElBandito could you share that index?

19. hello All, Does anyone have a Index map for NAM

20. @Chinook hello All, Does anyone have a Index map for NAM

it is already indexed and included in the alive download. you just need to set up your alive modules on it and go.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!