Respawn for testing problems

1. 9 years ago

1st post i hope its in the right place, Just started the daunting journey into creating custom missions for me and my friends, followed 20 tutorials and now i got almost everything set up for my 1st alpha test, except every time i die, game ends I am trying to test the Insertion multispawn, and i believe i got everything set up, even got VAS working for alive (for me) i need help keeping mission from failing when all players are dead (ive been searching the internet all day, no answer's found) and second. to get V.A.S module to work for others (i had one friend jump in to test the vas system and he couldn't use it), any help would be greatly appreciated, ill chk this post when i get a chance to see if there's any reply.

2. Friznit

18 Apr 2015 Administrator

Not really the right place since none of this is ALiVE related - the mission editing forum on BIF would be a better place but since you ask so nicely...see here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Respawn

Specifically a description.ext file (create one in a text editor) and add the following lines:

respawn = base;
    respawnDelay = 10;

Then add a marker on the map named respawn_west (assuming you're playing as West).

No clue about VAS. You'll have to ask in the relevant mod thread on the BI Forums. Mind you, the official BIS virtual arsenal might be more reliable: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arsenal

3. We ditched VAS for arsenal and Virtual vehicle spawners (VVS), to be honest easier to implement and manage.

4. Thanks for the info both of you, and i do have the respawn-base and i have a 5 sec delay, i must have done somthing wrong so ill dive back in, but i apologize for this being in the wrong place, again thanks

5. in case this hasn't been answered yet - you need to edit the mission through the multiplayer editor. move your mission folder over to your MPmissions folder. then through multiplayer - new - chose your mission and hit EDIT.

then you should find that the insertion module works.

or Sign Up to reply!