MIL/CIV OBJECTIVE MODULE SYNC QUESTION

1. 5 years ago
    Edited 5 years ago by DrDetroit

In regards to an Alive mission I have made, persistent campaign, which I keep it running even when not online (dedicated server). I've noticed there is a strange AI attribute when syncing and not syncing objective modules to the enemy commander modules. Far as I understand Alive setups; all objective modules should be synced to the enemy AI commanders (as well as allied commander) for proper tasking.

When I sync the objective modules to the enemy AI commanders, and let the campaign play out over a few days, all the units just hang out in their starting TAOR (yes, I have objectives only modules set so the troop move out and into the map), not really moving to other TAOR objectives. Just a static situation and very quiet - meanwhile INS factions are multiplying correctly and spreading over the map.

When I don't sync the objective modules to the enemy AI commanders, all objective modules are only synced to CQB module and the respective allied AI commander; all my troops, and CSAT, immediately start moving across the map, taking objectives in their respective TAOR and doing their jobs. I mean LOTS of activity. When in game, troops are moving forward, tons of AI air support flowing, tanks, motorized units, ground pounders making tracks to objectives, lots firefights off in distance...really nice stuff.

Is this correct setup; not syncing obj modules to enemy AI commanders? The Alive WIKI pages have it spelled out that you're to sync mil objectives to the enemy AI commanders. What ramifications am I going to run into NOT syncing the modules as described?

Campaign is basically default units, no other mods, on Altis. Insurgency and CSAT vs US, with a fair amount of objectives and units - 200 placed for US and CSAT per side, 30 placed insurgents.

Good day!
    DrDetroit

2. Hi DrDetroit! Hope you’re well!

When you’re syncing the objective modules to the AI Commander, are you also syncing the same objective modules to the enemy’s AI Commander?

3. Edited 5 years ago by DrDetroit

Hey HaV, hope you are doing well yourself! Thanks for your response buddy!

Yes, that is usually how I setup the Alive campaigns. I adjusted my question above to make that part clear.

In my example above; I still sync the module to the owners AI commander (blufor objectives to blufor commander, opfor objectives to opfor commander, ect) , but when I do not sync said modules to enemy commander, seems I get better results.

Hope that make sense?

4. Try syncing the other way? Someone said the sync direction doesn't matter, but I have heard both while watching several videos. I'm a newbie, so I'm probably wrong.

5. @DrDetroit I think this would be easier to figure out if you either posted some screenshots or video demonstrating the setup and issue, or posting the mission file.

6. Edited 5 years ago by DrDetroit

Yea, no big deal. The campaign is running really well with no syncing of blufor objective modules to opfor enemy AI commander, and vise versa.

Was just wondering why more action when I don't sync obj. modules to enemy commanders and what negative ramification I might run into - it's functioning better imo, so I guess time will tell as my campaign moves forward.

If you wanted to test, just delete the syncing of objective modules to the AI enemy commander module in any of your Alive mission. In other words, just delete syncing Blufor objective modules to the Opfor AI commander module, and delete the Opfor obj. modules syncing to the Blufor AI Commander module.

I assume this would mean that Blufor has no idea where Opfor is, and same for Opfor, so troop movement is enhanced. We shall see.

7. Edited 5 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I’m gonna assume once the enemy commander becomes aware of player objectives, they will begin prioritizing attacking, controlling, and patrolling, which is why you’ll immediately notice a big world of difference. A dev would have to break the logic and behavior possibilities down for you based on commander types though.

You are correct, without syncing objectives to opponent Commander modules, they won’t be aware of the other side’s objectives. However, in some cases, could be a desirable outcome.

or Sign Up to reply!