Problems with SP save. (SOLVED)

1. 4 years ago

So I never really got SP save working quite properly, so what I did was kind of throw shit on the wall and see what stuck.

And what stuck was me and my team of AI badasses loaded into a vehicle, so whenever I saved and loaded we started where that vehicle was last I saved. It worked fine, I grew to like it alot.

Now though since the last (awesome) update I’m back to square one with SP save.

I know some stuff gets saved because mission time is at the same time as when I saved, and markers are there but me and my group of AI badasses are sitting tight at the same spot as mission launch.

Now, in order to get the behaviour I want, which modules need to be placed and how do they need to be set up?

2. Hmmm. I might be wrong here but I’m almost positive our “local” saving option never saved grouped AI location. Fairly certain it only ever applied to the player unit.

Sure you weren’t just using vanilla Arma saving before?

Your player location should be saving assuming you have it on. I think that option is in the ALiVE Data module. But I don’t think anything you do can persist your bot locations because I don’t think our persistence ever accounted for it.

3. Edited 4 years ago by Easy

Yeah, I know it never saved AI location. But what it did save was the vehicle we were in.

I never got my player location to save. What did work was our vehicle, so that way I could use that as my ”saving point”. Now though, the vehicles position isn’t saved anymore.

4. Solved it.

I had changed vehicle type and in the new vehicle type I was riding as passengdr, where as I was riding as commander in the previous vehicle type. So I guess I have to ride as a vehicles crew (driver, gunner or commander) for the vehicles location to be saved.

If I change to the drivers seat before I hit save the vehicles location is saved.

5. Oh. Persistence for vehicles is tied to the player getting in and out of it as driver. Glad you solved this.

6. Driver, gunner or commander.

Saving player position outside of a vehicle has never worked for me.

7. Saving player position should work, at least with the couchdb saving option.

or Sign Up to reply!