RHS and caf_ag_eeur_r

1. 8 years ago

I'm trying to set up an asymmetrical mission with rhs_faction_usmc_wd vs rhs_faction_vdv vs caf_ag_eeur_r.

Unfortunately, rhs_faction_vdv and caf_ag_eeur_r won't fight one another.

Now, before RHS 3.8 there was a small mod that worked to have them fight with one another, making a nice 3-way battle. But that no longer seems to be the case.

I also found mention of rhs_faction_insurgents, and I've tried using that as my insurgent faction, but no units actually spawn when I use that designation.

Has anyone else been able to set up a 3-way asymmetrical mission?

2. I've been struggling with this for weeks.

If anyone is familiar with the CAF and ALiVE mods, I would be very grateful for some help.

I've tried using the CAF independent mod, setting the resistence and east friendliness to 0 to force them to fight, but doing so spawns African models instead of eeur_r like I wanted.

3. It spawns African models? unfortunately, sounds like the independent mod is broken then. Does it only do that when you set the friendliness to 0?

4. No, it spawns them as African models irregardless of friendliness. I've tried to dig into CAF and figure out how to edit the file so that ALiVE pulls the right group, but that seems to be a bit beyond me.

5. Sounds like a screwed up config then. Does it happen with CAF itself or just with the mod that adds CAF factions to the independent side? (Either way, might be out of luck since both are pretty out of date)

6. Only with the mod that adds CAF factions to the independent side.

I've heard that CAF may not be supported any longer, but it seems to be the only choice left. Leights is not supported, correct?

7. Leights is sort of supported. I think it's still banned off the BI forums but it's updated every once in awhile on Armaholic and PW6. Would still be nice to have a single well-working opfor mod again :(

8. LOP is banned from BIF? What happened there??

9. Stolen model (s), the landrover is apparently the work of someone who I think ported it from A2 and Leight used it without permission.

10. Ah bummer... thanks for the info

11. His mod is on steam workshop as well

or Sign Up to reply!