Pleas Help Server setup

1. 8 years ago

so i wanted to run a small server for me and my friends i went with gtxgaming and have been trying to upload @aliveserver but the ftp/file manager keeps blocking the .so file so i contacted the host and dispite the fact i have been running this localy on a windows server based laptop gtx inform me that "That pluggin is for linux. Our machines are windows so i am unable to upload that for you."

does any one have any advice or something i could send the host as the server will not boot without the .so file or do i have toher issues

thax in advanced flibble

2. I'm a bit confused... if they use Windows servers you'll need to send them the .dll file not the .so file... both are included in the @aliveserver package (do not run @aliveserver on your client - dedicated server only).

3. Edited 8 years ago by flibble666

ohhh ok seems im just being a idiot was trying to upload both the dll and .so files to the server and yer im just running the @aliveserver on the dedi
    ty for the response

4. Ah I see now.. no worries :) Yeah just the DLL is needed for Windows servers. Note that currently there are some outstanding problems with the War Room however you should be able to get registered and working without issue. Do not use special characters or spaces in your registered group name.

5. Deleted 8 years ago by flibble666
  6. Well neither of those issues are really specific to ALiVE - if you cannot even connect via remote IP there is something wrong with your server... slow to show up in server browser is pretty standard behaviour however.

War Room and @aliveserver are only for mission persistence between server restarts (ie: shit gets saved to database) - I would first try to get your server running properly without @aliveserver, then worry about the War Room stuff.

Your RPT file looks clean to me.. no issues. This startup parameter is not needed (-server) however that might be out of your control (ie: the provider has it setup this way).

7. Edited 8 years ago by flibble666

All fixed now thx for the help. It was an issue with server the servers running fine just having issues with C2ISTAR auto missions not succeeding. I am using OP land lord the broken un-succeeded mission also will not delete. but I am currently creating a costume mission to see if this resolves the issue although it seems to be an issue after the a3/cba update

8. There are known issues with the C2ISTAR tasks - search this forum there is another thread provides details.

9. seriously friendly and helpful community thank you for helping. please close or delete thread.

10. Friznit

24 Feb 2016 Administrator

Never delete threads, especially when people say nice things about us ;)

or Sign Up to reply!