Creating Insurgency

1. 8 years ago

Hello, I've been reading the Insurgency wiki page and have a couple questions.

1. Are you required to have a Blufor military ai commander? Also should it be invasion or occupation?
    2. If #1 is required, do we then need to place a Blufor mil objectives module?

I'm looking to start an insurgency mission on Sahrani and so far the wiki page and the forums are very helpful :D

2. 1. It is not required. If you do place one, it can be either invasion or occupation, it's up to you! I personally prefer occupation, but if you try and don't think BLUFOR are being aggressive enough, go ahead and switch it to invasion and see if it suits your needs better.

2. There needs to be at least one objective under an OPCOM's knowledge at the start of a mission, it does not matter whether it is a military objective, civilian objective, or even custom objective.

3. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Although I prefer to place military and civilian objective modules for the non-insurgent side in my insurgency missions (which obviously requires the Military AI Commander), I've seen other people only set up the Commander on the Assymetric side. I guess it depends on the type of mission you're going for.

I do this because I keep my playable units small. But if you're prepared to take a more 'you against the world' approach and give yourself the resources you need, you definitely can skip having an OPCOM on your side.

I like being a cog in a greater wheel so I place two OPCOMs.

Regarding whether you should be invasion or occupation, again that's really a matter of preference.

or Sign Up to reply!