Call to prayer script for mission makers (marker version)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Wow that's awesome.

3. Here is the script as I have it. I have changed the CTP sound to one i preferred.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b6eu4wzxnhjzez1/AACU9x44M4fbafV2zeFtmYIja?dl=0

4. Replace the init.sqf that is provided in that download with this

https://gist.github.com/SpyderBlack723/55460dcc8f7715dc58c1

It'll only grab civilians within 500m

5. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Sheeps, can you post back a complete version of this with Spyder's edit when you get a chance? I'm on my phone so I can't see if there's a readme with install instructions so that would be helpful too if it doesn't have one.

6. Edited 8 years ago by Sheeps

Spyder you are a legend!

Heroes, do you want me to add it to my drop box?

7. Here would be ok I'd think. No need to keep it private as long as you have permission to share.

8. Here you go. That's the complete script as edited by spyder plus my CTP.ogg
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b6eu4wzxnhjzez1/AACU9x44M4fbafV2zeFtmYIja?dl=0

9. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Do you know offhand how to initiate the sounds in a mission? You say it can be used in a mosque, for example. How do I determine where the sound plays in the editor? Do I need to add an empty marker with a specific name or does it automatically populate objects for the sound? An empty "CTP1" marker perhaps? It would seem so based on the files but I'd like to be certain.

10. Sorry heroes ive not been very helpful. just add a trigger called ctptrig where ever you want the sound to play and the civs to go to.

11. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Add a trigger that gets activated repeatedly by blufor or the civs? What are the trigger conditions? Are you sure it's not a marker?

If a trigger, I'm assuming I need to select the sound file under "effects?"

12. just a trigger. the only thing you need do is change the variable name to ctptrig. It gets all it needs from the script. Im off to bed now but if you are stuck tomorrow I will show you in more detail. Guess I should anyway as ive not explained it very well!

13. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ha! Wow it's great. Love it so much!!!

One problem. It seems to force my mission start time to 17:59. Any idea why? No matter what I put in the Intel/Time of day area it automatically teleports me to 17:59 on mission start. Very strange! It's 100% not something that happened to me before adding this.

14. Ah! I see it. The calltoprayer.sqf file sets the date and time. I wonder why? Probably to showcase it. Anyway, I'll remove it and see if that helps.

15. Yep. That fixed it.

This is REALLY REALLY impressive! Does anyone know how to allow a few more triggers? Maybe upwards of 5 or so? It should probably be pretty easy to allow ctptrig1-ctptrig5 to play it. Wish I knew how to script!

16. Sounds like I need to use this in my Alive missions on Takistan and Al Rayak.

17. Sorry Heroes been at work all day. Yes just alter the time section in the CallToPrayer Sqf.

Im sure it will be dead easy to add the ability to have it on multiple trigers around the map but my knowledge is rubbish. Im sure one of the SQF wizards will be able to tell us *cough cough*

Glad you all like the script. JinkerGM has done a great job. I shall pass on the praise.

18. I don't know if it is this script or just ALIVE and ARMA molesting my poor computer, but so far, after trying 5 times, every time the call to prayer starts my game crashes. Removing the script has not caused it to crash, so I know it has something to do with whatever it's trying to do, I just don't know if it's because something is wrong with the script itself, or if what it's trying to do is just too much for my system to handle with all the other stuff in my mission.

19. Which script? The newest one just posted by Sheeps? It works for me but I've only run it in the SP editor.

20. The one posted in the original post.

21. Yeah that one doesn't work for me at all.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!