Multi spawn options

1. 8 years ago

I managed to get the multispawn module working. But as the squad progresses I'd like to offer other options using a respawn menu.
    Can the alive multi spawn (insertion) be placed as an option with other respawn points?
    And what would be needed in my ext / mission to make this happen? Limited coding knowledge.

Thanks

2. maybe I can simplify the question.
    Can the ALiVE Multispawn (insertion) be combined with the Vanilla style respawn (base) points so that the players have an option as to where they want to respawn?

3. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

check here for more info:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Multispawn

I don't think it allows for a player choice.. if the multispawn option is available it will try that first then default back to the "respawn_side" marker. I have not tried it yet using respawnTemplates in description.ext

4. thanks.

what would make the insertion respawn not available during a mission?

5. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Say if you have it set to squad respawn and all your squad members die... or a vehicle as an MHQ respawn point and it gets blown up, etc.

edit: sorry if you mean insertion one specifically perhaps during the mission the insertion vehicle gets destroyed or some other 'event'

6. i see.
    Not that I'd know how to do this, but - could you theoretically set an 'action' for the squad leader to set (move) the destination marker point of the insertion module, so that at least the chopper will drop off respawned players closer to battle (at the squad leaders designation).

That would be a great feature for the combat support module to be able to handle - just a thought.

7. Friznit

27 Apr 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Friznit

I've had some success using Multispawn with BIS respawn templates. If you use the Multispawn Building option, it will get added to the list, but if you use "in vehicle", that will overrule the template selection.

You could potentially try "ALiVE_SUP_MULTISPAWN_DESTINATION_MYFACTION" setMarkerpos [x,y,z] to during runtime and see if that works. Never tried it though!

Not really a Combat Support function though - probably more Command & Control! We're looking potential improving that C2 side of things in game in future but it's not on the roadmap at the moment.

8. that does sound like what I'm trying to do. I'm not sure how to go about setting the x,y,z during a mission though.

In an attempt to simplify things - could this be something set (updated) by Zeus?? As Zeus already has the ability to move respawn points, is there a way to have the respawn point that Zeus can place recognized by the insertion module as the destination?

9. You could try doing

onSingleMapClick "markername setMarkerPos _pos"

Which would set the insertion marker position to wherever you click on the map

Very rough outline of a possible solution to moving the marker mid mission. I can finish it when I get home if needed.

10. really appreciate the help Spyder - my coding knowledge is limited to say the least. any further instructions you could give would help greatly!

I can see this being a nice feature

thanks

11. Ok finished it up and it should work, I'll edit the post in a few minutes once I have it tested to make sure.

12. Many many thanks Spyder. you guys rock!

13. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Ok well damn, couldn't get it to work but I can't see the error. I tried moving the respawn_west marker and seeing if I would respawn where I moved the marker to, it didn't seem to work.. maybe someone else can scavenge this code and tell me what's wrong.

_caller = _this select 1;
    openMap true;
    onMapSingleClick "respawn_west setMarkerPos _pos; clicked = 1; openmap false;onMapSingleClick ''; true;";
    waitUntil {(clicked == 1)};
    hint "Insertion marker has been moved";

..I'll try changing something real quick and try that
    I feel like this is too simple to not work lol

Edit: Yeah I messed up somewhere give me a sec to fix.

14. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Ok GOT IT, apparently you cannot move a respawn marker such as respawn_west through a client

This just means you can't move the base respawn marker but I believe it should work fine for the insertion marker.. Here is the new script

openMap true;
    onMapSingleClick "'marker1' setMarkerPos _pos; clicked = 1; openmap false;onMapSingleClick ''; true;";

Add this code to a notepad file and save it in your mission folder and name it moveMarker.sqf
    To make this code work for you, simply change "marker1" to the to the name of your insertion marker that you want to move

Add this code to a notepad file and save it in your mission folder and name it moveMarker.sqf

Then to add the action to a player put this in there initialization box: this addAction ["Move insertion points","moveMarker"];

.. If you have the debug menu active for your mission you can just put this code in there and then change "this" to the name of the unit you want to add it to and hit "Local Exec"

Here is a demo mission: http://www.mediafire.com/download/thdz182v15dc57m/MarkerMovement.VR.pbo
    non-pbo'ed version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/iaj2umqzua9iwy4/MarkerMovement.VR.rar

15. Edited 8 years ago by R3d_N1nja

wow fantastic! thank you for your time on this.
    I'll try it out tonight for sure, and let you know how it goes.

cheers

EDIT: Thanks for the demo's too! seriously, amazing support guys! thank you.

16. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Np, note that in the demo you are moved to the location that the marker is moved to, I just did this to show that it actually works. In the example code I put in my last post this does not happen. So for an actual mission just overwrite the moveMarker.sqf in the demo mission with what I posted previously

openMap true;
    onMapSingleClick "'marker1' setMarkerPos _pos; clicked = 1; openmap false;onMapSingleClick ''; true;";
  17. Edited 8 years ago by R3d_N1nja

good day Spyder.

the scripts worked great! very cool! thanks again for helping out. Its definitely doing what I hoped for!

A few things I'm unsure of (if you have further time to help out):

1- can the selection in the respawn menu be attached to where the Destination marker is? - currently it always shows where the respawn module is (i think).

2- Can the Hint only show after I click and change the position. currently it comes up after 3 seconds of opening the map (sleep = 3;), but I don't know how to make it dependent on WHEN i move the location. not a huge deal - it still works, which is awesome!

3- The initial hope was that the insertion option could be listed WITH the regular base respawn (or any other respawn locations I may drop down). I tried with a basic 'respawn_west' marker, but there still only shows the one option (which i think is the destination marker) - the selection always shows back at base. The chopper DOES drop you off at the updated marker location though, so i'm not sure whats happening there. Any thoughts on this?

mission here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihlhpjz0fak6wg2/respawntest%2520v2.Altis.rar?dl=0
    I'll make an account for media fire if you can't get into dropbox.

thanks again!

18. Deleted 8 years ago by R3d_N1nja
  19. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Ill take a look when I get home. I don't really use the multispawn module so I can't give much help off the top of my head.

I'll change that script as well.

Edit: I have some time so i'll try to adress some of it here

2. I'll change the script, no problem

3. I don't think you can add the basic type of respawn along with multispawn respawn options. Maybe this could be submitted for a feature request. Concerning multispawn not visually showing the updated insertion point, this may just be a limitation of the multispawn module because tbey might not have planned on the marker ever being moved. Could be wrong but it's the first thing that came into mind.

20. yea that's what it looks like since the actual selection seems to appear over where the synced transport unit is placed (could be wrong).

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!