1. 8 years ago

Friznit

22 Aug 2015 Administrator

Could anyone who runs ArmA3 on a linux server and is interested in testing ALiVE persistence please contact me.

Thanks!

2. Hi, I'm from a group currently running an ALiVE server on our Linux dedibox. We haven't started to do persistence yet but hope to soon.

3. Would love to try persistence over here.

4. Tupolov

7 Sep 2015 Administrator

Guys, will send you the Linux .so file soon. Please can you register on ALiVE War Room, add a group, a server and download the config file (as part of the server registration). Obviously don't use the @ALiVEServer download. Create an @aliveserver folder on your linux dedi and place the alive.cfg file in the home folder of the user that launches arma3server.

Let me know once that is complete (via PM with your group details) and I'll send you the .so file.

Cheers

5. Edited 8 years ago by Spark

Im trying aliveserver in lubuntu, but i dont know where go the files, @AliveServer is in arma3 root folder, but alive.cfg?, neither find alive.log

This is my folder structure:
    /home/steam/steamcmd/arma3
    /home/steam/steamcmd/arma3/@AliveServer
    /home/steam/alive.cfg
    /home/steam/.local/share/Arma 3 (user profile, server_console & mpstatistics here)

13:04:23 ALiVE ML persistence load data started
    13:04:23 ML DATAHANDLER: ALiVE_mil_logistics_DATAHANDLER
    13:04:23 LOAD ML, CREATE DATA HANDLER!
    13:04:24 ALiVE SYS_DATA_COUCHDB - READ DATA: SendJSON ['GET','mil_logistics/SYS_DATA_ERROR_Alive_ACE3_Asymetric_Warfare_3_FORCE_POOL','']
    13:04:24 "THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE ALIVE PLUGIN!"
    13:04:24 ALiVE SYS_DATA_COUCHDB - READ DATA RESPONSE: SYS_DATA_ERROR
    13:04:25 ALiVE SYS_DATA_COUCHDB - READ DATA RESULT: SYS_DATA_ERROR
    13:04:25 ALiVE [m_27|190] Module ALiVE_mil_logistics INIT COMPLETE TIME: 33.712

regards

6. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

~/.alive/ folder for Linux OR your Arma 3 root directory (according to the instructions on the War Room setup page although I've never set it up in Linux myself)

7. any chance I could have permission to use your addon on my dedicated Linux server?
    and how to do so..
    sorry if this is the wrong place to ask..
    I'm a little lost..

8. The latest ALIVE release works on Linux.

9. Edited 8 years ago by Dr Death jm

ok.. I thought I needed some kinda permission.. thanks
    I registered at alive , but do I need to register server?
    I'm primarily only testing alive on server for future RTS3
    so I have no group as of yet.

10. If you wish to make use of persistence you must make a group on War Room and register your server.

or Sign Up to reply!