Problem with civilian interaction using custom faction

1. ‹ Older
  2. 8 years ago

Spyder, having a look at a functioning mission would be very helpful.

Also, I have been testing the "gather intel" function when talking to civilians, and no matter how many times I ask, I never get any pointers on the map even though there are quite a few recruitment centers and weapons depots scattered about the map.

Do you know if there is an element of chance involved or what the trigger is for getting an intel marker on the map?

I would prefer not to rely on the C2ISTAR random map intel, as the "gather intel" provides a great immersion element to the game by having to search for intel..

3. I believe it does have a chance element to it, would have to look though. Not sure where that functionality is kept however :\

4. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

For have the possibility to see Intel from civilians you need to setup c2istar.
    There are my setup and this works like awaited. You can control the Intel knowledge by setup the intel coverage. If you set it too low the gather Intel can give you no places because the radius is too short and there are no objectives inside.

class args
    					{
    						items=21;
    						class Item0
    						{
    							value="false";
    							parentCls="ALiVE_MIL_C2ISTAR";
    							typeName="debug";
    						};
    						class Item1
    						{
    							value="ACE_Kestrel4500";
    							typeName="c2_item";
    						};
    						class Item2
    						{
    							value="";
    							typeName="TASKING";
    						};
    						class Item3
    						{
    							value="false";
    							typeName="persistent";
    						};
    						class Item4
    						{
    							value="false";
    							typeName="autoGenerateBlufor";
    						};
    						class Item5
    						{
    							value="rhs_faction_usarmy_d,LOP_AA";
    							typeName="autoGenerateBluforFaction";
    						};
    						class Item6
    						{
    							value="LOP_AM";
    							typeName="autoGenerateBluforEnemyFaction";
    						};
    						class Item7
    						{
    							value="false";
    							typeName="autoGenerateOpfor";
    						};
    						class Item8
    						{
    							value="";
    							typeName="autoGenerateOpforFaction";
    						};
    						class Item9
    						{
    							value="";
    							typeName="autoGenerateOpforEnemyFaction";
    						};
    						class Item10
    						{
    							value="false";
    							typeName="autoGenerateIndfor";
    						};
    						class Item11
    						{
    							value="";
    							typeName="autoGenerateIndforFaction";
    						};
    						class Item12
    						{
    							value="";
    							typeName="autoGenerateIndforEnemyFaction";
    						};
    						class Item13
    						{
    							value="";
    							typeName="INTEL";
    						};
    						class Item14
    						{
    							value="true";
    							typeName="displayIntel";
    						};
    						class Item15
    						{
    							value="0.2";
    							typeName="intelChance";
    						};
    						class Item16
    						{
    							value="false";
    							typeName="friendlyIntel";
    						};
    						class Item17
    						{
    							value="100";
    							typeName="friendlyIntelRadius";
    						};
    						class Item18
    						{
    							value="false";
    							typeName="displayMilitarySectors";
    						};
    						class Item19
    						{
    							value="false";
    							typeName="displayPlayerSectors";
    						};
    						class Item20
    						{
    							value="5";
    							typeName="runEvery";
    						};
    					};
  5. @DaVidoSS Really? Can you please post your mission SpyderBlack723? In that way we are making something wrong.

Here ya go.

If you'd like to load this mission in your ALiVE Server, I can pack the files and put them in dropbox. If you just wanna play it on public server, here is the link to the mission.

British Steel
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=510801855

6. Really this is nasty. Your mission uses CAF Agressors . I changed from Leights Opfor to CAF ag and now i have no civ actions even if i use cba autoxeh.

Is there any arabic faction for arma 3 which works without any problems with alive?

7. @DaVidoSS Really this is nasty. Your mission uses CAF Agressors . I changed from Leights Opfor to CAF ag and now i have no civ actions even if i use cba autoxeh.

Is there any arabic faction for arma 3 which works without any problems with alive?

All of them work with no problem with ALiVE. I have missions using CAF aggressors, Leights, and Massi's African conflict. I also use the Thai Armed Forces mod. I've had zero problems using all of these factions.

The only time I had an issue was when I used the CBA that was hosted on Steam. Everytime you load ARMA through steam, it "resets" the mod packs hosted on Steam so that any optional files (such as the xeh_enable_auto file and bisign file) move back to the optional folder from the add on folder...causing issues.

So I use the CBA hosted on armaholic and it holds those files in that addon folder. No problems since.

8. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

@AUTigerGrad All of them work with no problem with ALiVE. I have missions using CAF aggressors, Leights, and Massi's African conflict. I also use the Thai Armed Forces mod. I've had zero problems using all of these factions.

Really ? Cant bee.. look into bis forum at leights opfor pack there are tons of problems with.
    All mods which i use comes from playwithsix

9. @DaVidoSS Really ? Cant bee.. look into bis forum at leights opfor pack there are tons of problems with.
    All mods which i use comes from playwithsix

SpyderBlack played one of my missions I created using Leights Opfor. Zero problems.

10. I am starting to see positive results with my mission creation, but also I have found that generally ALiVE mission creation is quite sensitive. The modules are interacting in multiple and sometimes not obvious ways and it does take a significant testing effort to get the results you want.
    Maybe this is what you are experiencing @DaVidoSS?

One example is this, and I hope one of you can possibly give me a step-by-step walkthrough if what I need to do.
    As I mentioned in a post above, I would really like to setup a mission where there are no AI generated intel on enemy installations that pops up on the map randomly (At this time I am getting "Installation" markers when the insurgency establishes recruitment centers and weapons depos.)
    I would like my players to manually have to get this intel using civilian interaction.

I have tried many different configuration of the C2ISTAR module, but I always end up with one of two possible scenarios.

1. There are no intel reports either from AI or I when use civilian "Gather intel"
    2. There are random AI reports on map called "Installation" and they also get marked when using the "Gather intel" function.

I have not had any luck separating these two events.

I realize that the friendly AI reports will fade over time and so might not be visible to players continuously, but still it takes something from the immersion if a group of players sees a mark and must continue gathering intel when they already know the placement of an enemy location.

Any inputs anyone?

11. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

This is happens me too. Installations is showing at mission start. This is no problem for me because the mission is runing end lose on my server. But is this really so big deal? I have no IEDS and the bombers are not explode , they just come near players and stay still. This is big problem ruining the game play which i cant resolve. There are no help from community because this is corresponding to others mods which i use. Really i see only 2 solutions . One is un-sync IED Thread from Asymmetric opcom or remove it completely and use custom scripts.

12. Well, I have tested British steel, and it does seem like the OpFor are placing IED's and suiciders.
    I saw one IED and one Suicider marked on map when I used 'Toggle Opfor installations.
    (I couldn't find either when I teleported there though, but that might just be me.)

So the IED module it is definitely working in this case.

On the other hand, I am seeing no freeroaming civilians(Only vehicles) on British Steel, which there should be when I look at the modules, so that is really strange.

This leads me back to my previous point, which is that there must be some module interaction or configuration that we are not accounting for when setting up our missions.

13. I found one setting which might be related to the issue we are seeing, though I don't think so.

In the IED module there is a setting called "bomber/vehicle IED side", in the wiki it is called "VB-IED Side".
    Should this setting be set to the side which is used for rebels, (which when using Leights is 'IND'), or is this only related to Vehicle carried IEDs? Ie. it should be set to civilian because this faction is spawning vehicles?

14. Share your mission if you think you're missing something specific.

As for VB-IED side, I've always left mine on civilian but it's up to you. I think the use of setting it to the insurgent side would be to simulate suicide bombing vehicles who would target you as opposed to civilian vehicles which would be more like random vehicles rigged with explosives.. dont take my word for it though, just a random guess.

15. Ok, I have now uploaded the mission to Dropbox.
    Mission download
    I have minimized the mods to the bare essentials.

@ACE3
    @ALiVE
    @AllInArmaTerrainPack
    @CBA_A3
    @fsf_al_rayak
    @rhs_afrf3
    @rhs_usf3
    @@leights_opfor

Quite a simple mission based on Friznit's suggestion. Opfor insurgency in the north, Blufor in the south.

I am not seeing IED's or suiciders (four hours at 4x acceleration in preview mode). At this point the map is crawling with insurgents.
    Also the intel is being automatically displayed on map without player actions. If fades though after a time though. (I know the debug is at this time, but the test was without debug on).

Any input, ideas, critic and suggestions would be gladly accepted.

(I have not prepared player base yet at all.)

Thanks

16. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

Well i have do some researches on my problem and found some strange behavior on IED_Thread.

Still if synced to Asymmetric opcom is not working completely. If un-synced then works only VBIED. Bombers not working IED are not here. If debuged the markers are there but no IEDs.
    Some debugged errors from RPT.

RPT

17. Tupolov

9 Sep 2015 Administrator

@DaVidoSS

if ((_bomber distance _victim < 8) && (alive _bomber)) then {
    		_bomber addRating -2001;

From my observations the script breaks precisely there. The bomber comes near to me and i can search him and he has a suicide vest in inventory. Why he will not explode?

We don't add a suicide vest to suicide bombers in the IED Threat module actually, just a radio.

Suicide vests are carried by insurgents who are asked to go on various missions by Asymmetric OPCOM. For suicide missions that code is slightly different and is fnc_cc_suicideTarget.sqf in the amb_civ_command module. It is also only 80% chance the suicide bomb will go off.

18. Well this explains most everything about Suicides. Thank you

or Sign Up to reply!